Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What made you play Amnesia or when was the first time you heard of it?
Hybelkaninen Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What made you play Amnesia or when was the first time you heard of it?

Started out with a video on YouTube showing a pretty freaky scene from Penumbra.
Bought the Penumbra Collection and started with that.

Played some of Overture and caught interest in Frictional Games.
Then I read they were working on Amnesia and decided to finish Overture and Black Plague (got completely stuck on Requiem).

Sometime later I bought the game and followed the "dark room with headphones" tip......after hours and hours with bug eyes, sweaty palms and a racing pulse....the mind fuck they call Amnesia could be scratched off on my list of finished games.
02-24-2014, 07:57 PM
Find
wolfman Offline

Threads: 2

I just heard it's the shit. So... yeah.
And I was not disappointed Big Grin

[Image: darkwood_sig_600x120.jpg]
02-24-2014, 10:30 PM
Find
VoodooFox Offline

Threads: 1

I actually witnessed it on Crys channel. I purchased it for myself after my friend recommended it to me. Horror's the best

Hate you too luv ;) Youtube here
02-24-2014, 10:51 PM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

Uhm TotalBiscuit played it for halloween many years back.
Then my sis got it on her Steam account. It now has over 230 hours played, about 10 of which are hers, lol.

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2014, 01:39 PM by Tommyboypsp.)
02-25-2014, 01:39 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

I did see it occasionally on Youtube when other people were watching Pewdiepie, but the one who actually gave me the attention for Amnesia was a Youtuber by the name of Chris Archie. After that I guess I caught up with some more people who played the game, but before that I was not aware of its existance.
This was Fall 2012.

02-25-2014, 02:15 PM
Find
ThatCrazyShaman Offline

Threads: 17

I actually first heard about the game when I was reading up on Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, and found some links to other Lovecraftian Horror genre titles.

I was at least vaguely interested in it, being as I enjoyed DCotE so much that it got me wanting to play other games in the genre [because reading Lovecraftian Horror is fun, but playing it is exponentially more entertaining for me xD].

I first found out about Penumbra through YouTube's Elganko, who's DCotE playthrough I had watched, watched it [weirdly enough, part of what got me to watch the Black Plague videos was the game's subtitle itself and the video thumbnails showing off the marvelous lighting and that checkered floor xD], which got me interested in Frictional Games in general.
A little while later, I looked up a couple Amnesia Let's Plays [which, in turn, was my introduction to TheRadBrad's and Tobuscus' videos], and took an interest in it. Long story short, here I still am lol.

...The only people worthy of consideration are the unusual ones. Common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed. - L. Frank Baum
03-22-2014, 09:35 PM
Find
Tetrafish Offline

Threads: 3

I bought it with a Humble Bundle. I bought the bundle mainly due to the game Limbo, then one day I thought to myself "I need to play this eventually" and just started it up not knowing what I was getting myself into. Big Grin
03-24-2014, 03:27 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

I actually seen one of the earliest vids of Amnesia freakouts. It's this. After that I find more compilations and found some from Mark and then somewhere in 2012 I saw it was on Desura so I got it. I am wondering whether it was during a discount or not. This was in 2012. At least BEFORE Nov. 2012.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-26-2014, 01:35 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

One of my friends heard of the game and decided that we (six of us wusses) should all play it together over the course of several weekends (instead of our usual creepy pasta and horror movie combo). I loved it and most of us ended up buying our own copies of the game c:

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
03-27-2014, 06:56 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

I think... I started off watching Pewdie - like most of the fanbase. Made me want to make my own CS. So I did get my hands on some cash, bought it from my local EB Games (equivalent to the American Gamestop) and well, freaked the hell out in the Archives.

Stopped playing it for a few months, then picked it up again. Never put it down.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
03-27-2014, 09:19 AM
Find