Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
A Christmas Hunt [short story]
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74
A Christmas Hunt [short story]

A Christmas Hunt
a custom story by i3670

You are at a gathering at Lord Rugdumph's mansion. It is a Christmas celebration and snow is slowly falling to the ground outside. After socializing with the other guests you decide to crack some jokes.

You are in the middle of telling a joke when you feel an urgent need to visit the restroom...

Requirements:
- Justine
- not having the update installed. The one that you manually install and download from the forum, the one created by Patrik.

Game time: around 30 minutes I would estimate, if even that long.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/lvw8pi...tmas_1.rar
Moddb: http://www.moddb.com/members/i3670/addon...stmas-hunt

Notes: I began working on this map as a way to pass the time so I do not know how many hours I have spent on it. As a result this is not a story-driven custom story, ironic as it may sound. Just try and have a good time playing it.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2015, 08:12 PM by i3670.)
02-03-2014, 02:34 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9
RE: A Christmas Hunt [short story]

That was pretty hilarious x).
Oh well, I enjoyed the scripting with the piano puzzle (very original), as well as the event with the saws (woaw), and
Spoiler below!

I REALLY laughed my ass off when Daniel's voice played xD.

Good job, it's the funniest mod I played so far along with Dark Room and A Late Night Drink : >.

02-03-2014, 10:21 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

The piano puzzle was actually done by beekayk. So I can't take credit for that. Besides that, glad you enjoyed it.

A Christmas Hunt
02-03-2014, 11:53 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Your mapping is really good and decent, that's why this mod is so entertaining, little different from the others, plot is simple and really laughable after all. Smile

Well done, sir! I gave you 8 out of 10! Waiting your next project aswell! Cool

“Life is a game, play it”
02-04-2014, 03:19 PM
Find
Change Offline

Threads: 3

Now that's how the prison in the main game should have sounded, it's more intense and scary, even though it was bright as day. Smile 8 out 10 for me too.

All it needs now is a ZOMG!!! Imma crap my pants difficultly, kind of the same but you get the lantern early and it's a lot darker, scary hallways, plus......brutes AND Mr. Grunt to say "Heeeyy!!, you forgot your back scratcher!"

02-06-2014, 08:34 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(02-03-2014, 11:53 PM)i3670 Wrote: The piano puzzle was actually done by beekayk. So I can't take credit for that. Besides that, glad you enjoyed it.

Big Grin
I'm glad it's come to use!
Yay!

Trying is the first step to success.
02-06-2014, 09:24 AM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

(02-06-2014, 08:34 AM)Change Wrote: All it needs now is a ZOMG!!! Imma crap my pants difficultly, kind of the same but you get the lantern early and it's a lot darker, scary hallways, plus......brutes AND Mr. Grunt to say "Heeeyy!!, you forgot your back scratcher!"

Spoiler below!
You get the lantern early? It's supposed to be blocked.

A Christmas Hunt
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2014, 10:09 AM by i3670.)
02-06-2014, 09:40 AM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14

First i laughed my ass off in the first part of the cs, then i do the easy difficulty and laugh some more, then i found out its actually not that funny in hard difficulty ... I nearly broke my mouse while trying to pick up the lantern in the first part Big Grin

Not rly funny >:
But a good one.
Pshh: Next time do a 100% troll story ,_,

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
02-08-2014, 12:40 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

(02-08-2014, 12:40 PM)MasterPig Wrote: First i laughed my ass off in the first part of the cs, then i do the easy difficulty and laugh some more, then i found out its actually not that funny in hard difficulty ... I nearly broke my mouse while trying to pick up the lantern in the first part Big Grin

Not rly funny >:
But a good one.
Pshh: Next time do a 100% troll story ,_,

So you would prefer a troll story where the humour consists of "random" events?

A Christmas Hunt
02-08-2014, 03:10 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14

Quote:So you would prefer a troll story where the humour consists of "random" events?

Well the beginning was funny, with all this " I have to find a rest room" but when i got down it got darker and darker. A story which only is full of funny things would fit better.

Also, the new main menu of tdd now is the music in your cs. The one at the beginning, when you get near to the public room. The tdd one was a bit boring, now its cool :L

Is this music from you? I dont think so, i heard it somewhere else in yt before... But well if it is and you dont want me to use it in the menu tell me :L But now my main menu at least is exciting.

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
02-08-2014, 04:03 PM
Find