Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: TDD Similarities with other works of evil?
physcostealth Offline

Threads: 12
Similarities with other works of evil?

To me, when playing the game, Amnesia seemed like the 'Lord of the Rings' had gone horror. In terms of plot, I mean. You have the terrible, disfigured creatures working for the antagonist and you have the One Orb if I may say so myself. It's too bad the Orb doesn't make you invisible when you touch it. Or maybe it does. I haven't gotten too far in the game yet.

What do you guys think about the story? Personally, I think it's very well done and the attention to everything is gargantuan.

If you'd like to check out the videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/physcostealth , please drop by and give a view. It'd be very helpful Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2014, 02:21 AM by Statyk.)
03-08-2014, 02:00 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Similarities with other works of evil?

The story? ATDD didn't really impress me with their story, mainly I was impressed because of the scares.
But AAMFP? Man that gave me chills. I mean people are turned to pigs by some guy because of the terrors of the upcoming century? That's just messed up.

ATDD isn't really powerful because of the story, but AAMFP wrecked the most (Physiologically) because it actually is backed up and it kind of makes sense. It's sort of twisted.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-11-2014, 08:49 AM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

Indeed, it IS a lot like Lord of The Rings.

Hey, did you also think A Machine for Pigs was a lot like My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic? I mean, you see how all the pigs work together, and their hooves and stuff.. Later in the game one is on the roof, I bet it can fly, just like a pegasus.

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
03-11-2014, 02:42 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(03-11-2014, 02:42 PM)Tommyboypsp Wrote: Indeed, it IS a lot like Lord of The Rings.

Hey, did you also think A Machine for Pigs was a lot like My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic? I mean, you see how all the pigs work together, and their hooves and stuff.. Later in the game one is on the roof, I bet it can fly, just like a pegasus.

My Little Pony: HELL EDITION.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-11-2014, 04:28 PM
Find
Deadon Offline

Threads: 5

Personally I loved LOTR Because of how well and realistic J.R.Tolken made it seem, Like it's own little world. but AMFP never hooked me, mostly because by the church I knew what was up. And it disapointed me, but the patroling wretches were cool, all they needed was music and i would be hooked...
But if it was me I would have made them have music points like i'm doing for my cs, when they're near, music plays, Too close for comfort, The "lost" music plays

2 Mappers are definitely better than one.
03-11-2014, 04:43 PM
Find