Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Black Aether
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19
RE: Black Aether

Mr Jenkins is a real live rodent gentleman, the eldest of our clan.

As always, my ETA was a little optimistic. If I say "expect the trailer mid August," then you might be pleasantly surprised...

07-03-2014, 09:46 PM
Find
MrBehemoth Offline

Three words:

Physically. Simulated. Curtains.

07-08-2014, 01:15 AM
Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45

(07-08-2014, 01:15 AM)MrBehemoth Wrote: Three words:

Physically. Simulated. Curtains.

*clap*

My life is complete! XD

07-08-2014, 03:56 AM
Find
ThatCrazyShaman Offline

Threads: 17

(07-02-2014, 11:28 PM)MrBehemoth Wrote: I thought it was time to share something, just to re-assure you lovely people that I've been hard at work. I've been making all kinds of models for Black Aether, but I'm not ready to share much of it yet...

However, I thought you might like to meet Mr Jenkins, a very minor character without many lines but who is an important part of the setting nonetheless: watch this vid.

(ThatCrazyShaman, this is especially for you.)

Spoiler below!
As well as making the cage and accessories, I modded the TDD rat slightly to make him more docile and to squeak a more realistic amount, which is to say, not at all.

How did I miss this update last week? I seriously need to stop playing Town of Salem every time I'm online, because I'm missing important stuff now Tongue

Seriously awesome! I adore it when developers take the time to make their work more interesting by adding in things like this. It shows that they're really serious about making something great.

Not to mention, I don't think I've ever been more enthused about rats in Amnesia than I am at this very moment xD.

...The only people worthy of consideration are the unusual ones. Common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed. - L. Frank Baum
07-12-2014, 11:19 PM
Find
MrBehemoth Offline

Video  Black Aether - First Teaser Trailer

Firstly, an update.
  • I've done away with the episodic idea. Black Aether will now be a single release. It will take slightly longer to get it out but there's far more chance of the story being told in full, plus just one phase of testing/debugging. The modular/hub-based structure is staying, though.
  • It will also make it easier to manage voice actors too. The plot is finalised and I'm going to be looking for one female and two male voice actors nearer the end of the year. I'm going to voice the protagonist (mainly because it makes it easier to make changes and do pickups) and two other female characters will be voiced by Iolithie (my other half and co-conspirator in Aetheric Games, who voiced Elizabeth Burke).
  • Rather than give you arbitrary percentages or a running dev blog, I'm going to make three teaser trailers as development progresses.
  • This teaser mostly shows the "hub" area and gives some clues about the story.
  • The second and third teasers will show other areas, and will introduce some new features that I'm keeping up my sleeve for now, including a couple of new mechanics, and finally a glimpse of one of the custom monsters. Expect them later this year. The more I learn about estimating delivery times, the less inclined I am to do it, so I'll just say that there's still a lot of work to be done.

Secondly, a disclaimer.
  • Nothing in this trailer is finished 100%. It's all subject to updates/aesthetic changes.
  • There are some interference effects in this video that are not done in-game, but they represent effects that I am working on that will be in-game.
  • This trailer only hints at the level of interaction I'm going for - expect to be able to interact in some way with just about everything you can see. Big promises, I know! But that's what I've been sinking my time into.

Finally, here's the first of three teasers trailers for Black Aether:

Feedback is always welcome! Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2014, 12:09 AM by MrBehemoth.)
08-15-2014, 12:06 AM
Find
Newsman Waterpaper Offline

Threads: 20

(08-15-2014, 12:06 AM)MrBehemoth Wrote: Firstly, an update.
  • I've done away with the episodic idea. Black Aether will now be a single release. It will take slightly longer to get it out but there's far more chance of the story being told in full, plus just one phase of testing/debugging. The modular/hub-based structure is staying, though.
  • It will also make it easier to manage voice actors too. The plot is finalised and I'm going to be looking for one female and two male voice actors nearer the end of the year. I'm going to voice the protagonist (mainly because it makes it easier to make changes and do pickups) and two other female characters will be voiced by Iolithie (my other half and co-conspirator in Aetheric Games, who voiced Elizabeth Burke).
  • Rather than give you arbitrary percentages or a running dev blog, I'm going to make three teaser trailers as development progresses.
  • This teaser mostly shows the "hub" area and gives some clues about the story.
  • The second and third teasers will show other areas, and will introduce some new features that I'm keeping up my sleeve for now, including a couple of new mechanics, and finally a glimpse of one of the custom monsters. Expect them later this year. The more I learn about estimating delivery times, the less inclined I am to do it, so I'll just say that there's still a lot of work to be done.

Secondly, a disclaimer.
  • Nothing in this trailer is finished 100%. It's all subject to updates/aesthetic changes.
  • There are some interference effects in this video that are not done in-game, but they represent effects that I am working on that will be in-game.
  • This trailer only hints at the level of interaction I'm going for - expect to be able to interact in some way with just about everything you can see. Big promises, I know! But that's what I've been sinking my time into.

Finally, here's the first of three teasers trailers for Black Aether:

Feedback is always welcome! Big Grin
Brilliant trailer MrBehemoth, The Trapdoor is greatest amnesia mod i have ever played and I can't wait for Black Aether Big Grin.
Spoiler below!
The part when the guy is talking about some tapes 5 years ago and the distortion give me a slenderverse vibe and that's not a bad thing Big Grin.
I wish the greatest of luck on your mod Smile.
08-15-2014, 12:34 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Haha, that's pretty sweet. I had to share the video with my friends after just 5 seconds. I thought it was pretty funny. They don't even Amnesia xP

Great work man.

08-15-2014, 02:36 AM
Find
ThatCrazyShaman Offline

Threads: 17

Positively epic. 'Nuff said. Big Grin

...The only people worthy of consideration are the unusual ones. Common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed. - L. Frank Baum
08-16-2014, 11:29 PM
Find
Magnum Opus Offline

Threads: 4

Excellent work !

"You can make it all go away. Put your head back. Close your eyes...

Wade into the quiet of the stream."
08-17-2014, 01:08 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

now THAT was a trailer. I don't care how WIP you just said that was, I was really impressed with that whole thing. I'm seriously impressed with how you put that whole thing together, it was very meta. The "celebrating 10 subscribers on YouTube" as a character in the game? It was all very relatable, and as a result, very interesting. Great job finding a theme that you can handle with such skill!

[Image: signature-2.png]
08-17-2014, 07:06 PM
Find