Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Work in progress Amnesia Mod Loader
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Amnesia Mod Loader

(07-23-2014, 05:06 AM)victorkim890(KimmyChimmy) Wrote: does the refresh button work

Almost. It should of course, but I just added it now.

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2014, 05:08 AM by Mudbill.)
07-23-2014, 05:08 AM
Find
victorkim890(KimmyChimmy) Offline

Threads: 1

(07-23-2014, 05:00 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Description = This mod revolves around stuff & stuff happening in the presence of a player.

the description looks like its suppose to work but it doesnt work in ur app. if it doesnt work delete the description part and just make it a list for u to choose from and load the mod. but not if it works

07-23-2014, 07:09 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

I am not done with this. I will add that and I know mostly how to do it, I just need to figure out a few other things. I have the idea for how this will all work, so no need to critique the progress unless you think I'm doing something wrong. You can of course give ideas for features and other general feedback, but what you're doing is almost like pointing out that a drawing is missing an eye when it's obviously only half way finished.

07-23-2014, 09:44 AM
Find
victorkim890(KimmyChimmy) Offline

Threads: 1

true.

07-23-2014, 09:48 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Okay so the development for this is nearly complete Big Grin
I might be able to release an early, working Windows version perhaps tomorrow.

There are a few things I'd like to get through with though. I guess the early release times will be a lot about bug reports and fix updates, but I of course want to get the more obvious out of the way now if I can.

Overall, do you think the design looks okay? Want any textured backgrounds or different fonts? Move components? Anything you can point out that you think will make it more comfortable to use. Preview:
[Image: WTpy4dF.png]

I still haven't gotten a reply whether I can release it with the graphics from the game that it includes. They probably don't mind, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Here's a view of the preferences window:
[Image: XC4iDsW.png]

You define which copy of the game you have (because retail and Steam use different launch parameters), and you can also select which folder to search for mods in. You can just set this to the game's directory if you have no specific install directory. It will find any mods hidden in that folder or any of its subfolders. Therefore, do not select a big destination such as your root drive (that takes loooong to load).

The Steam directory is not the game directory within Steam, but rather your actual Steam install directory (which is usually what I have in the pic). I might remove this requirement sooner or later, but right now I need it in order to launch the Steam game with params.

Oh, and the preferences are saved in a modloader.properties file in Documents\Amnesia\ModLoader.

So now, I think the only last thing to get working (aside from perhaps some visual design changes) is to set up the compatibility feature. It should be simple though. Any thoughts so far? :3

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2014, 08:18 AM by Mudbill.)
07-27-2014, 08:17 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

I had the program out for a little outside testing, so I've come across a few things I want to fix before releasing it. I will probably still release a public beta sorta thing just until the most critical things are out of the way. Once I fix these things, I'll give ya a go.

07-30-2014, 10:20 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Just posting a final comment here saying I've finished work and released it. Just in case people don't check the resources page that often, or end up finding this thread from elsewhere xP

Here's a link: https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-25806.html

You may lock this thread if you deem it necessary.

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2014, 10:54 PM by Mudbill.)
08-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Find