Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Updated]Invisible AMFP meshes? (And Other Questions)
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26
RE: Invisible AMFP meshes? (And Other Questions)

(07-23-2014, 08:42 PM)victorkim890(KimmyChimmy) Wrote: like a hotel?

Nah it's just a 2 story house. If I can't find a better solution I'm just gonna build the floor then slide it over to the side, work on the second story from there and slide it back over when it's done. Little roundabout but roundabout is how I made half the crap in my last CS lol.

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
07-23-2014, 08:49 PM
Find
victorkim890(KimmyChimmy) Offline

Threads: 1

this should help from the subconscious trial

Spoiler below!

[Image: Screen_Shot_2012-03-28_at_5.32.55_PM.png]

07-23-2014, 09:01 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

(07-23-2014, 09:01 PM)victorkim890(KimmyChimmy) Wrote: this should help from the subconscious trial

Spoiler below!

[Image: Screen_Shot_2012-03-28_at_5.32.55_PM.png]

No, it's a 2 story house with the 2 stories directly above each other. So once the second floor is built, it's hard to see the first floor in the editor without zooming in really close.

07-23-2014, 09:09 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

DeAngelo Wrote:1) Any tips on multi-story houses? I never made them in my first CS but now I'm trying to and finding that working on the first floor (Or ground floor if you're british) gets a bit hard once I've started working on the upper floors.
I would make several small levels connected by a hub or main hall.
Way easier to handle. When the players walks up the stairs, you load another level.

DeAngelo Wrote:3) Is there a way to create an entity at another entity? I know you can create one at an area, but I want to have the player pick something up, then while they're carrying it, it breaks and some rats fall out of it and scurry off. Is this possible?
I tried once but I couldn't.
Although, I know you can have another entity when you break another. Check the key_jar entity, it becomes key_jar_broken.ent

Another option is to have it planned where the rats are gonna spawn. Then with an area you check for the item when it enters and you trigger the event. Spawn rats+break item.

07-24-2014, 12:35 AM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

(07-24-2014, 12:35 AM)Amn Wrote:
DeAngelo Wrote:1) Any tips on multi-story houses? I never made them in my first CS but now I'm trying to and finding that working on the first floor (Or ground floor if you're british) gets a bit hard once I've started working on the upper floors.
I would make several small levels connected by a hub or main hall.
Way easier to handle. When the players walks up the stairs, you load another level.

DeAngelo Wrote:3) Is there a way to create an entity at another entity? I know you can create one at an area, but I want to have the player pick something up, then while they're carrying it, it breaks and some rats fall out of it and scurry off. Is this possible?
I tried once but I couldn't.
Although, I know you can have another entity when you break another. Check the key_jar entity, it becomes key_jar_broken.ent

Another option is to have it planned where the rats are gonna spawn. Then with an area you check for the item when it enters and you trigger the event. Spawn rats+break item.

The way this CS will play it would be annoying to load a new level each time you go up and down. I think I'll just make the second floor off to the side then highlight the lot of it and scootch it over when the time comes. As for the other one I think I'll probably have the object break when you enter a script area, spawn some rats on the floor and force the player to look down.

I should have a trailer for my custom story up in a few days. It'll basically be gameplay of the first minute. I'll post it on this forum when it's up Smile

07-24-2014, 12:46 AM
Find

it works if u have a key in a bottle and u smash the bottle onto the floor and a key comes out of it. it was in the original amnesia game behind the painting

07-24-2014, 12:50 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(07-23-2014, 08:06 PM)DeAngelo Wrote: Any tips on multi-story houses? I never made them in my first CS but now I'm trying to and finding that working on the first floor (Or ground floor if you're british) gets a bit hard once I've started working on the upper floors.
My CS is a multi-story mansion and I often encounter this. My solution is to just build the second floor ON THE SIDES.

(07-23-2014, 08:06 PM)DeAngelo Wrote: Is there a way to create an entity at another entity? I know you can create one at an area, but I want to have the player pick something up, then while they're carrying it, it breaks and some rats fall out of it and scurry off. Is this possible?

Well the object breaking and rats falling thing is a bit too far for me, but I'll try my best.
Spoiler below!

PHP Code: (Select All)
void OnStart()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player""AreaAroundObject""SetVariable"true1);
}

void SetVariable(string &in asParentstring &in asChildint alState)
{
SetLocalVarInt("BottleDropInit"1);
AddTimer("Time"5.0f"BottleDropNow"); //Change 5.0f to how long you want the Player to hold the item before it breaks
}

void BottleDropNow(string &in asTimer)
{
ChangePlayerStateToNormal();
PlaceEntityAtEntity("Rats""Object""Object_Body"false);

NOTE: I'M NOT REALLY SURE WHETHER THIS WILL WORK OR NOT BECAUSE I NEVER USE ChangePlayerStateToNormal AND THE NEW FUNCTION PlaceEntityAtEntity BEFORE.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2014, 03:12 AM by PutraenusAlivius.)
07-24-2014, 03:10 AM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

Thanks. I might try that but I'll probably stick with the simple "Spawning them on the floor when the box breaks and making the player look down" thing. Though is there any way to specifically trigger the "Cockroaches on face" sanity effect? All I can find is how to trigger a random one.

And the building the second story to the side thing, that could work. I mean if you were to imagine the layout from the outside it would look goofy but I doubt any players will bother to think about stuff like that.

And if your signature is accurate, happy birthday Smile

07-24-2014, 03:24 AM
Find

(07-24-2014, 03:10 AM)The First Captain Wrote: NOTE: I'M NOT REALLY SURE WHETHER THIS WILL WORK OR NOT BECAUSE I NEVER USE ChangePlayerStateToNormal AND THE NEW FUNCTION PlaceEntityAtEntity BEFORE.

does the person who downloads the mod with that new function have to download the amnesia level editor patch for the custom story to work

*im going to spell instead of use text words since lots of ppl are complaining*

07-24-2014, 03:52 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(07-24-2014, 03:24 AM)DeAngelo Wrote: Thanks. I might try that but I'll probably stick with the simple "Spawning them on the floor when the box breaks and making the player look down" thing. Though is there any way to specifically trigger the "Cockroaches on face" sanity effect? All I can find is how to trigger a random one.

And the building the second story to the side thing, that could work. I mean if you were to imagine the layout from the outside it would look goofy but I doubt any players will bother to think about stuff like that.

And if your signature is accurate, happy birthday Smile
I think DnaLange made a tutorial on how to do that. You need an FC.

Well, what I did is to make another level directly below it to make it less odd but that's not the solution; that's the problem.

And thank you, although you're 20 days late since my birthday is on the Fourth of July. I was just lazy to change it.

(07-24-2014, 03:52 AM)victorkim890(KimmyChimmy) Wrote:
(07-24-2014, 03:10 AM)The First Captain Wrote: NOTE: I'M NOT REALLY SURE WHETHER THIS WILL WORK OR NOT BECAUSE I NEVER USE ChangePlayerStateToNormal AND THE NEW FUNCTION PlaceEntityAtEntity BEFORE.

does the person who downloads the mod with that new function have to download the amnesia level editor patch for the custom story to work

*im going to spell instead of use text words since lots of ppl are complaining*

Yes since the function is included in the update; it's not in the original.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
07-24-2014, 04:23 AM
Find