Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which game do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Five Night's at Freddy's
50.00%
3 50.00%
Five Night's at Freddy's 2
50.00%
3 50.00%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Five Nights at Freddy's Megathread [FNAF4 released early as usual.]
AGP Offline

Threads: 45
RE: Five Nights at Freddy's

My one issue with this game:

Every time Freddy comes to take your soul when the power goes out, I don't hear a creepy tune playing.

I hear the friggin beer song by Weird Al!

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/bcaQRL-bSoo[/video]

08-18-2014, 09:36 AM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

(08-17-2014, 04:51 AM)Statyk Wrote: This game was really well designed but my only complaint is the outrageous behavior and sounds the animatronics make when they get you. The sounds they make are so silly. It's just too obnoxious.
Agreed, while sound should be pivotal in scaring you, it shouldn't be because the noise is so ear piercingly loud or hard to listen to. Listening to it on its own, it's actually quite laughably lame and more so just annoying.

Imho it's a good game, and is pretty brilliant in its own right, but I kinda feel like it's a one trick pony. There's really not too much to the game, each night is almost the same as the last, just sequentially harder, and once you've played it, there's really not much left to experience beyond what animatronic you get sacked by.

I wonder what they're going to do with the sequel (yes), hopefully it doesn't just become the next Slender, it's already starting off very similar.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
08-18-2014, 10:46 AM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

I tried to search everywhere for that theme when the electricity goes off and the bear shows up! I couldn't find it anywhere

08-18-2014, 11:10 AM
Find
Newsman Waterpaper Offline

Threads: 20

(08-18-2014, 11:10 AM)Dr.Badcat Wrote: I tried to search everywhere for that theme when the electricity goes off and the bear shows up! I couldn't find it anywhere

I just posted it 3 posts ago!
08-18-2014, 11:23 AM
Find
MrWhitticus Offline

Threads: 9

(08-18-2014, 10:46 AM)Potato Wrote:
(08-17-2014, 04:51 AM)Statyk Wrote: This game was really well designed but my only complaint is the outrageous behavior and sounds the animatronics make when they get you. The sounds they make are so silly. It's just too obnoxious.
Agreed, while sound should be pivotal in scaring you, it shouldn't be because the noise is so ear piercingly loud or hard to listen to. Listening to it on its own, it's actually quite laughably lame and more so just annoying.

Imho it's a good game, and is pretty brilliant in its own right, but I kinda feel like it's a one trick pony. There's really not too much to the game, each night is almost the same as the last, just sequentially harder, and once you've played it, there's really not much left to experience beyond what animatronic you get sacked by.

I wonder what they're going to do with the sequel (yes), hopefully it doesn't just become the next Slender, it's already starting off very similar.

I suppose those were the reasons that it was as cheap as it was, as it seems to be the type of game that you'd play through once or twice, leave it alone, maybe challenge your friends to it but after a while you just forget about.

*Careless Whisper saxophone solo*
08-18-2014, 04:07 PM
Website Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

Yeah, the horror in this game is only scary for the moment, but it doesn't haunt you like the story in Amnesia did.

[Image: p229xcq]
08-18-2014, 06:47 PM
Find
Newsman Waterpaper Offline

Threads: 20

(08-18-2014, 06:47 PM)Froge Wrote: Yeah, the horror in this game is only scary for the moment, but it doesn't haunt you like the story in Amnesia did.

I have agree I still get the shivers remembering plot elements from TDD,Justine and AMFP but I still have give this game some credit, to me it's one of few games that jumpscares are effective and a small,interesting backstory, it deserves most of the praise it gets.
08-18-2014, 07:16 PM
Find
Mechavomit Offline

Threads: 0

Guys, this game is intense, I really enjoyed it. With a really nice and somewhat unique idea behind it. Not necessary scary, but it keeps you on edge.
08-18-2014, 07:22 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

This game is indeed terrifying for many due to its new concept. But you know what terrifies me the most? When the tiny details change while you don't look. Especially these 2 cutesies:

Spoiler below!

[Image: P55YuN4.png]

Spoiler below!

[Image: BvWAWptCIAAgSLU.png]

And that's only 2 of them. I still have to find the rest in the full version with a friend. I had like 300+ requests for this, and I played the demo, only for my recording to go kaput. Need I say I almost broke the floor with my foot at the first jumpscare I got?

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
08-18-2014, 08:42 PM
Website Find
victorkim890(KimmyChimmy) Offline

Threads: 1

(08-18-2014, 07:22 PM)Mechavomit Wrote: Guys, this game is intense, I really enjoyed it. With a really nice and somewhat unique idea behind it. Not necessary scary, but it keeps you on edge.

its scary if the volume is up to hear all the sounds and when freddy jumps at you cause you cant close the door on freddy but you can close the door when the duck, bunny, and fox is outside of the door

08-18-2014, 09:33 PM
Find