Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Firewatch
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19
Firewatch

Anyone else excited about Firewatch? The art style is subtly stunning and the quality of the writing and narrative look like they're shaping up to be very immersive. From what I can tell, it's going to have more of a latent horror vibe than they're letting on.

Pics, trailers and previews here:
on Rock, Paper, Shotgun
on Kotaku

09-03-2014, 08:19 AM
Find
J.R.S.S. Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Firewatch

Very interesting, thank you for the information. I will say, I'm glad to see a revive of more adventure style games. I still miss the days of old playing the Myst series.

Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time.
H.P. Lovecraft
"The White Ship"
09-03-2014, 04:33 PM
Website Find
Kappa048487127 Offline

Threads: 7

God those first person models look fugly...

Anyway it looks like it could be good, but I'm not sure if they're going for a survival aspect, or what.
09-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Find
J.R.S.S. Offline

Threads: 5

I don't see why you would say it looks "fugly" but even if so, it's still pre-release footage/screenshots.

And from reading up on the actual game, it fits into the adventure game category, and it would seem to not really fit in the survival genre. It's a mystery game; the point being to solve an overall mystery while partaking in (it would seem) a huge amount of character development and exploration. Survival doesn't seem to be the case. But alas, we must wait for more information.

Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time.
H.P. Lovecraft
"The White Ship"
09-03-2014, 09:45 PM
Website Find
MrBehemoth Offline

Yup, it seems like a character driven adventure with horror aspects. I think the viewmodels aren't meant to be realistic, they're in the same kind of comic book /painted style as the environment.

09-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Find
Chrysler Offline

Threads: 2

Firewatch just got released on Steam and PS4. I'm a few hours into it and loving it so far! It is definitely not a horror game but for anyone interested in games focusing on story telling, make sure to check it out.

Edit: I just finished it and still think it's a good game but it feels a bit short (5-6 hours) and the story somehow left me untouched.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2016, 10:02 PM by Chrysler.)
02-10-2016, 03:11 AM
Find
Kimetic Offline

Threads: 0

I'll definitely be playing this at some point!
02-28-2016, 05:45 AM
Find
MrBehemoth Offline

I liked it - and I enjoyed the story and the ending no matter what anyone says. It ended just the way it should of (at least the ending I got).

I heard today that there are rare story branches you can get, such as if you refuse to talk to Delilah at all.

03-01-2016, 12:34 AM
Find