Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

History behind Frictional Games
dpadam450 Offline

Threads: 1
History behind Frictional Games

I have heard of Penumbra and played both of the demos. I'm actually making a horror FPS myself: http://vimeo.com/4439668

I'm curious of how you guys started (2 people if I remember). Can you talk about your "indie-ness". How did you go about getting art? Were you self-funded or did a publisher start to help funding? Are you making more than an average game programmer upon the success of your games? How did you go about getting a publisher (simple demo/pitch, how many publishers)? Do you know of a list of indie publishers other than your previous ones?

Thanks guys, I'll probably play the games at some point to get some more ideas/inspiration myself. I was a fan of Resident Evil/FEAR so thats where my game is headed.
05-02-2009, 09:00 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
RE: History behind Frictional Games

I think this article gives some of the information you are after:
http://www.adventureclassicgaming.com/in...views/293/

Your video looks like a good start! Good luck with it!
05-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Interesting, though a little off-topic (sorry!), but I saw that game WIP on Gamedev.net. Looks really good! Especially for only one week of work! Big Grin

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
05-04-2009, 06:13 PM
Find
dpadam450 Offline

Threads: 1

(05-04-2009, 06:13 PM)nackidno Wrote: Interesting, though a little off-topic (sorry!), but I saw that game WIP on Gamedev.net. Looks really good! Especially for only one week of work! Big Grin

Yea I'm everywhere online. I belong to a lot of communities. Someone is trying to get me some money to work on the engine so as long as a get a check. If not, oh well, I was gonna work on it anyway and try to pitch my game or self-release it.
05-05-2009, 10:35 AM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26

Nice work! really impressive. Although, if i might say, sounds like F.E.A.R, (with the children voices) but still looks great!

Not an image
05-06-2009, 06:53 AM
Find