Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Amnesia - Escape From Refuge
Carlos2295 Offline

Threads: 5

The year is 1801, a fine year for a gentleman like yourself. Between a lavish estate worthy of a king, a trove of resources beyond your reach, and affiliation with nobility, all would seem fairly quaint would it not? However, everyone is subject to making mistakes once in a while, no matter how powerful you are.

The very refuge you found in the lifestyle you once lived is now literally, your worst nightmare. Why you awoke without any recollection of your past is a mystery. Why you are haunted by visions of your past is even more mysterious. A recurring dream, a motif that is indecipherable, and a few memories are all that you have left.

There is a way to bring back yourself back, discover how before it's too late...

Right now I am currently developing my first Amnesia custom story. So far I have put weeks of hard work into developing the first few maps alone. As a current video game design student, this project serves as a showcase of what I can do. Amnesia is a wonderful game that not only allows the player to play, but to unleash their creative side as well. A demo of this game will be released on moddb on Halloween of 2014. I hope to have the final game released sometime in early 2015. For now, here's a couple screenshots of what I have made so far. What do you guys think? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2014, 07:17 AM by Carlos2295.)
10-25-2014, 07:15 AM
Website Find
Straxedix Offline

Threads: 52
RE: Amnesia - Escape From Refuge

hmm looks interesting i must say,pictures are great little basic but great love it.I would like too play this,don't give up from it please :P

10-25-2014, 12:06 PM
Find
Carlos2295 Offline

(10-25-2014, 12:06 PM)Straxedix Wrote: hmm looks interesting i must say,pictures are great little basic but great love it.I would like too play this,don't give up from it please Tongue

Thank you, I definitely won't give up. Also, what do you mean by a little basic? I just need to get as much feedback as possible.

Check me out on moddb.
10-25-2014, 05:42 PM
Website Find
Straxedix Offline

It is basic,even that it is just simple castle... ideas of making thinks are same...Make something new (sorry for this i had to say) and one IMPORTANT think please but please make the REASON he enter castle and why he wanna escape from it (if wanna escape).

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2014, 06:49 PM by Straxedix.)
10-25-2014, 06:48 PM
Find
Carlos2295 Offline

(10-25-2014, 06:48 PM)Straxedix Wrote: It is basic,even that it is just simple castle... ideas of making thinks are same...Make something new (sorry for this i had to say) and one IMPORTANT think please but please make the REASON he enter castle and why he wanna escape from it (if wanna escape).
Don't worry, there will be a nice variety of levels. I even plan to make a big outdoors section. As for the plot, I have that all figured out. The player will eventually realize what the title means.

Check me out on moddb.
10-26-2014, 05:29 AM
Website Find
Straxedix Offline

Awesome! Keep the good work on,and put everything bad besides,i wish you all the best! :P

10-26-2014, 03:13 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22

Seems cool, even though it doesn't have many details. Also, too much light ! These screens aren't creepy at all (maybe that's the idea?)

PS. A piece of advice: Don't make it a very big Custom Story. It gets really tirening after some time ;(
I mean, making this stuff is awesome. But I got a little bored with my own story, and not because it's boring, but because I had to go over it so many times- and that doesn't help with creativity.

10-26-2014, 06:23 PM
Find
Carlos2295 Offline

(10-26-2014, 06:23 PM)Darkfire Wrote: Seems cool, even though it doesn't have many details. Also, too much light ! These screens aren't creepy at all (maybe that's the idea?)

PS. A piece of advice: Don't make it a very big Custom Story. It gets really tirening after some time ;(
I mean, making this stuff is awesome. But I got a little bored with my own story, and not because it's boring, but because I had to go over it so many times- and that doesn't help with creativity.
Thank you for your feedback. The few screenshots that I showed you were meant to have some light. However, this is to get the player comfortable. Later on, the lighting amount will drastically change.

Check me out on moddb.
10-26-2014, 09:12 PM
Website Find