Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i need help, something is wrong with the game!?!
frechdachs971
Unregistered

i need help, something is wrong with the game!?!

hello, i'm having some problem with this game in a custom story called the small horse prologue, let's say that almost everything in the place that my player is in is missing, also the stairs are missing in that place where my player is in right now, can you guys help me with this, thank you, here is the picture of the place that my player is in right now:
.jpg   Amnesia 2015-05-27 21-49-03-58.jpg (Size: 47.09 KB / Downloads: 171)
05-27-2015, 08:54 PM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: i need help, something is wrong with the game!?!

Try opening the file named "resources.cfg" in your Amnesia folder. Add the custom_stories directory to the list by copying a line and pasting it, then edit the folder name. Save and retry.

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2015, 09:47 PM by Mudbill.)
05-27-2015, 09:47 PM
Find
frechdachs971 Offline

Threads: 1

hello, can you tell me which line i need to copy and paste because i've copied this line: <Directory Path="/custom_stories\The Small Horse Prologue" AddSubDirs="true" /> into the resource.cfg and it's still not working, which line is the real line that i need to copy and paste? sorry if that line is the wrong one Sad
05-28-2015, 06:59 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Almost correct, just remove the "\The Small Horse Prologue" part. Make it say just /custom_stories in the path.
This will add the entire custom_stories folder to the catalogue the game uses to find asset files (like entities and static objects).

PHP Code: (Select All)
<Directory Path="/custom_stories" AddSubDirs="true" /> 

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2015, 03:48 PM by Mudbill.)
05-28-2015, 03:47 PM
Find
frechdachs971 Offline

Threads: 1

i did that and i checked if it worked, i even restart the custom story to reload the whole thing, it still doesn't work, i even checked if there is a thread about this and i found a thread, saying something about skybox problem, coming from the 1.3.1 update and i tried to downdate the version to 1.2, but after that, i couldn't start the game, so i needed to update the game back to 1.3.1 to make the game work again, after that, the custom story is still having problem, what do i need to do now, i want to play the custom story correctly and properly Sad
05-29-2015, 10:43 AM
Find