Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Haven't played in forever, lost download link.
DtD Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Haven't played in forever, lost download link.

Hey, I bought Penumbra Overture a long long time ago but I never got very far because it freaked me out a little too much Rolleyes So today I thought I might go back and play it again, but I have NO IDEA where my email/download code/whatever is. I have an old "installkey" file from an old backup of my "My Documents" folder, but I can't find the email or installer anywhere. But, I guess that is my product key.

I'm sure it is somewhere in some old random backup, but in case I cann't find it: Is there any way to get it back?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I can't seem to find anything about it anywhere.

Thank you!

~DtD
10-13-2009, 02:10 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Haven't played in forever, lost download link.

You can PM me the email you used when you bought the game or your full name and I can look it up. I checked the mail you used to register here at the forum and there were no purchases on that email.
10-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Website Find
DtD Offline

Yeah, I use a diffrent email for online purchases. I sent you a PM.

I did actually find the email from long ago but the link is no longer valid.

~DtD
10-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Find
DtD Offline

OMG! I found an odd place that I seemed to have moved it to to free up disk space, so I have it again. Unfortunately my default Microsoft graphics drivers in Windows 7 do not support OpenGL very well and the official ones from ATI do not work. I will have to switch to XP, I guess. Thank you very much for your help!

EDIT: Having Penumbra again inspired me to try to force Windows 7 to take the drivers like a man, and I ended up getting it to take them using some stuff from http://orestech.wordpress.com/2009/05/08...ty-radeon/ (I don't have a mobility radeon, but these sort of things kept coming up for me) and http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=dseo
I have a ATI Radeon X1600, but I am sure this fix works for thier other "legacy" cards. I will be posting a guide on my website soon with exactly what I did if anyone is interested.

~DtD
10-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Find