Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd graphical glitches - 2013 Mac Pro
Unregistered

Not Solved RE: Odd graphical glitches - 2013 Mac Pro

Renaming to _undergrowth allows me to continue, but I too am getting the flicker on a mid-2015 MacBook Pro (R9 M370X). It also looks like the "mirror" textures don't render properly either.
10-12-2015, 07:45 AM
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

We asked Apple for assistance and got back this was likely a driver bug. We have reported it as such and waiting on any progress updates on the matter. So far we have not found any work around, other than the renaming of the _undergrowth catalog to "fix" the most important issue.
10-12-2015, 09:36 AM
Website Find
Unregistered

This isn't only a problem with Mac Pro's, or anything to do with 2013, i'm having all of these problems on my 2014 iMac, i've got the later 5k model, the game breaking glitch (the top one) is fixed because of changing the undergrowth folder to "_undergrowth" there is still flat water texture glitches, the dark shade flashing every now and again, and also, i noticed a lot of objects being invisible, the physical property is there, but the image is not (possible spoiler) When you're in Theta avoiding the weird monsters, all of the gore piles? or whatever they are, weren't there, the corpses were just floating, leaning against air, there are a lot of things missing, if you watch gameplay of a fully functioning game, it looks completely different than what i saw, the shadows were screwed up, everything, that being said, the game was still amazing even with all of these problems, so bravo to the frictional gaming team. If anyone finds a temporary fix for these, please let me know.
10-19-2015, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

This is a shame. Same issues with new MacPro. Soma's underwater levels are really ruined by this, even with the _undergrowth "fix". The odd water texture glitches mess up interior scenes as well, also killing immersion. This combined with how the game doesn't utilize crossfire under bootcamp at least, is really making it very tedious to get through an otherwise pretty cool game.
11-15-2015, 03:45 AM
tuvokmaster
Unregistered

just got received my money back via steam. On a late 2014 imac 5k. glitches start appearing in the underwater scene. didn't want to use the Underwater workaround.
Please let me know when the glitches are fixed...! Up untill the glitches the game was awesome.
11-15-2015, 08:33 AM
Unregistered

Any news on a real fix?
01-06-2016, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

I'm having the same problem on a 2015 iMac 5k. Sorry to be dense but I'm struggling to fin for the undergrowth folder? I have unbidden all files using the Terminal and searched for Undergrowth with no results. Any help would be appreciated!

I'm having the same problem on a 2015 iMac 5k. Sorry to be dense but I'm struggling to find the undergrowth folder? I have unhidden all files using the Terminal and searched for Undergrowth with no results. Any help would be appreciated!
01-10-2016, 06:45 AM
Unregistered

Just installed os x 10.11.3 and hoped it might fix it, but no luck Sad
underwater level is still unplayable on late 2014 iMac 5k. any information when or if this will be patched would be nice. i really liked the game so far.
01-19-2016, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

i used the lastest yosemite with nvidia 970gtx, since i still waiting for Nvidia fixed aliens isolation crash issue in El captian
01-19-2016, 08:39 PM
tonyhoff
Unregistered

I'm having the same issues stil. Changing the undergrowth folder name made it playable.

-Tony
02-01-2016, 08:21 AM