Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Savefiles are gone
oftapofta Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Savefiles are gone

I've played about 5 hours and I feel like I was pretty far into the game. I had just started the Theta area when I decided to stop playing and try to fix some of the performance issues I've been having with the game, such as framerate drops and a few crashes. I verified the game cache and started the game in administrator mode only to find that I can no longer press continue and have to start a new game. Is there any at all way to restore my saves or do I have to play through everything again, cause that'd be hella frustrating.
09-23-2015, 04:07 PM
Find
nebej Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 8
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Savefiles are gone

could you press load or continue before exiting?
Check the Documents\My Games\SOMA\Main folder and see if you have any other folders there with save files in them.

It could be that you played the Soma_NoSteam.exe version, which doesnt share save files with the Steam version (because of cloud saves)
09-23-2015, 04:32 PM
Find
oftapofta Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Savefiles are gone

Yeah, I googled around and found out that the savefiles are supposed to be in the Documents\My Games\SOMA\Main/Default folder. What I did was I went to Documents\My Games\SOMA\ and then my Steam profile folder and what do you know, all my autosaves were in there. So I just copied and pasted the last one into the Default folder and now it works.
09-23-2015, 04:38 PM
Find