Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game has unplayable frame rates!
imacken Offline

Threads: 1
Not Solved Game has unplayable frame rates!

I know there are similar threads, but none I could see has similar issues as I am experiencing.
I am running v1.02, and I am in Lambda with Catherine the robot.
The game is totally unplayable with frame rates that must be 1-2 fps!
It is not a setting issue, as I have turned all video settings off and gone down to the lowest res. At those settings the stuttering frame rate is exactly the same as it is at max settings!
I have a 3.4GHz i7 iMac with AMD 1Gb 6970M and don't have issues with any other game.
Please help as I can't continue with this excellent game!
10-03-2015, 01:09 PM
Find
AaronKOG Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 0
Not Solved RE: Game has unplayable frame rates!

This is odd, I have a Mac Mini with AMD 6630M 256MB and was able to play through that section (on low texture and screen resolution). Lets get more detailed information about your system. You can get this via Steam->Help->System Information. I also want to confirm that you tried tweaking Texture Quality. That seemed to be a major contributor to performance for me at least.
10-03-2015, 02:23 PM
Find
imacken Offline

Threads: 1

OK, thanks for that. I'm using the GOG version, not Steam.
However, you are right about the texture quality. I turned it down to Medium, and everything is OK now.
Strange, as I have everything else switched on and set to max. With Medium Textures selected, everything is good, but the minute I switch on High, I'm getting 1-2 fps, even if I turn everything else down to a minimum.
Other system stuff - 16Gb RAM, Samsung 850 SSD
10-03-2015, 02:54 PM
Find
Unregistered

Try to change from 60 FPS to 30 fps, this made my game playable with good graphics quality (MacBookPro 2015)
10-03-2015, 07:58 PM
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Make sure you do not leave other applications running in the background like Chrome or Skype.
10-05-2015, 08:45 AM
Website Find