Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra - Overture announced!
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
RE: Penumbra - Overture announced!

Figured I could answer some questions Smile

"That means that you will include everything from the demo, or are you guys rewriting that part of the game?"
The tech demo levels will not be in the game.

"You said new melee combat.. can you explain what that intitles or is it a secret?"
We are gonna post some videos of it when it gets more refined. As a hint I can say that we have system to go to from animation to ragdoll and back and we are using it Smile

"Also, you said commecial, that means we have to buy it then.... Will it be relatively cheap?"
I'm afraid this is unkown at the moment. It will most likely be budget priced though.

08-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Find
Unregistered

I'm sure it would probably (once you get a publisher) take the road that Scratches took and be under $40. Anyways it wouldn't matter to me, I would pay $50+ for it. I mean hell, I payed $70 for Battlefield 2 Deluxe and I never play that.
08-25-2006, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

did you wasted $70, and you didnt played that? Man.... O_o!
08-25-2006, 04:34 PM
ShadowMan Offline

Threads: 5

Let the pants-pissing begin.
08-26-2006, 11:27 PM
Find
gamgam2 Offline

Threads: 23

lol, man this is going to be great, just some questions though*thanks for answering them if you do*

How would we purchase this game? Online? Or would it acually be shipped out to stores?

Are you guys going to alter the story line alittle? I haven't played this in awhile, but I think the dad was missing for like a few years, and you try surviving in that place for a day...or 2....

(this is more bug/computer related) My computer runs bf2 on normal, but when I play this game, it can get really choppy>_<
Was that my computer doing it?
Or was that the games engine?
(dunno processer, sorry)
256video card(dunno name, sorry)
1.5gig ram, I think ddr or something
Would the low fps be cuased by my computer? Or just a slight bug ingame?

Back to story
When will this be out? Or is it told somewhere else on this site?*I just found out this is commercial version like 20 minutes ago*

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
08-28-2006, 12:05 AM
Website Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

"How would we purchase this game? Online? Or would it acually be shipped out to stores?"

No idea yet.

"Are you guys going to alter the story line alittle? I haven't played this in awhile, but I think the dad was missing for like a few years, and you try surviving in that place for a day...or 2...."

The story will stay the same with some small alterations.

"My computer runs bf2 on normal, but when I play this game, [...]"

Have already added options for making the physics faster which is probably the cause of the bad framerate.

"When will this be out? Or is it told somewhere else on this site?"

It will be out in 2007, can't say more than that.
08-28-2006, 07:32 AM
Find
Unregistered

Man,I can't wait for the game to be released Smile,I am sure this game is gonna kick-ass Big Grin and will be a rival to F.E.A.R Game,Will there be guns like weak pistols or something that won't protect you for long other then your fists?(And legs?)
08-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

it says melee combat... not weapons.
08-28-2006, 09:06 PM
gamgam2 Offline

Threads: 23

lol, thanks for answering my questions^_^
I'll compliment you 3 times if you give me a free version of the commercial gameTongue

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
08-28-2006, 10:06 PM
Website Find
ShadowMan Offline

Threads: 5

Dunno if this was asked yet, but can we expect a demo? Or was the tech demo our demo? Tongue
08-29-2006, 02:23 AM
Find