Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2010-06 Tuesday 22nd, Disturbing details regarding the release of "Amnesia: The Dark
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: 2010-06 Tuesday 22nd, Disturbing details regarding the release of "Amnesia: The Dark

@Fletcher Christian

Penumbra gibts auf Amazon. Habe mir die voll lokalisierte Collection bestellt. Diese kommt aber erst am 30.09.2010 raus. Einzeln gibt es die Spiele aber auch (jetzt). Amnesia gibt es dort allerings noch nicht zu bestellen. Im Laden sind diese Spiele so selten wie ein 6er im Lotto. Normal kommen die neuen Spiele schon am ersten- Releasetag in die Läden aber Amnesia kennt keine Sau und das wirds garantiert nicht geben.
Ich bin mir aber sicher, dass es das irgendwann auf Amazon geben wird, auch auf Rechnung zahlbar hoffe ich.

@Frictional Games

The cover with the rose looks really really fantastic!
All the other Horror-Games have monsters or sth, that looks not really nice.
06-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Find
Tora Offline

Threads: 0
RE: 2010-06 Tuesday 22nd, Disturbing details regarding the release of "Amnesia: The Dark

Whew! I'm going to wet myself in fear if I ever have the guts to try Amnesia, honestly. You are a little too good at this!

The cover looks great! And that clip was superfreaky and scary! Nice voiceacting too! Well done!

Yay! September here we come!

When the shit hits a fan.
Get a tent.
06-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Find
wrath Offline

Threads: 1

Holy hell, even the trailer was scary.
06-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

But who is speaking all time in the game and why and how ?
it seems a little incongruous to the game.
How does Daniel hear this ? In 1839 there was no phone i think.
Too much spoken words kills some horror feeling!

Hope you ask amazon for purchase the game. I would not wait far above september to get it as retail dvd.
06-25-2010, 06:57 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

It's Clarence's daddy!

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
06-25-2010, 07:13 PM
Website Find
zak Offline

Threads: 4

It's a nice teaser, I like the lightning effects.

But I hope for future videos you will not stick to youtube-videos only. They are too small resp. really bad quality if you scale them to fullscreen Sad
06-25-2010, 08:17 PM
Find
Linuxuser Offline

Threads: 0

On the cover it only says "PC DVD ROM". How about Mac and Linux? Will these versions also have a retail version? If so, are all three version in the same box or will all versions be released in a separate box? How about the copy protection? Will there be any product activation?

I really hope there will be a boxed release for Linux and Mac OS X without any annoying DRM. For me a retail release is mandatory as I really hate digital distribution. I've never played any of your games before, because there are no retail releases of the Linux versions of those games. I just don't want to buy a game which is digitally distributed. I really hope Amnesia will have a boxed and DRM-free release for Linux and Mac OS X, so I can also play this game.
06-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Yes I hope there will be no copy protection too.
I hate it to insert the disc all the time.
Penumbra has actually no protection and that is good.

But I hope more, the game will be avaiable on http://www.amazon.de for purchase without credit-card or sth. I want to pay on accounting.
If it only costs 15 Euro, then I will directly order two exemplares of the game.
06-26-2010, 04:47 PM
Find
SHODANFreeman Offline

Threads: 15

(06-26-2010, 02:30 PM)Linuxuser Wrote: I really hope there will be a boxed release for Linux and Mac OS X without any annoying DRM. For me a retail release is mandatory as I really hate digital distribution. I've never played any of your games before, because there are no retail releases of the Linux versions of those games. I just don't want to buy a game which is digitally distributed. I really hope Amnesia will have a boxed and DRM-free release for Linux and Mac OS X, so I can also play this game.

You know you could buy the digital version on Frictional's store and burn the installer to a CD and just keep your serial code with it, right? I am pretty sure they just use offline serial key activation, unless the Linux version is drastically different from their Windows version for some reason.
06-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

This announcement made me laugh. Very cleverly written!

Does this mean you guys have gotten a publisher for outside of eastern Europe?

Also, that's a great DVD cover. No disembodied faces, no buff men with huge guns, and no explosions! Thank god! Tongue
06-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Find