Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Was it scary?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Very scary!
56.25%
18 56.25%
Scary!
37.50%
12 37.50%
Not scary
6.25%
2 6.25%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Extra demo map
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: Extra demo map

(09-03-2010, 09:38 PM)MulleDK19 Wrote: Can't wait to get my hands on the map editor, which I assume we are going to get our hands on?

Yes.

09-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Website Find
InsidiousBoot Offline

Threads: 1

I didn't think it was scary, it is because I've grown familiar with the demo level design and my mind separates sound effects from actual beings in the demo, and that makes it not scary.. and also the sudden 'scares' didn't work for me. maybe if I would encounter something similar like this in a longer session in unfamiliar surroundings, then I would get a scare as I'd be on my toes..

I did get scared once in the original demo ( in the beginning at the stairs).
the water part wasn't really scary, except for the monster behind me and following my movements. Not the greatest enemy concept, but I do believe they had to cut a lot for the demo to not spill spoilers for the full game, which I'll most likely enjoy very much Smile

PS: In Penumbra Black Plague those tuurngaits were really scary, I remember getting stuck at this point in the last level where you have to flip a switch and there's a nearby monster patrolling. It would run after you from around 2 meters distance. That really was scary, took me 2 days to get past there !! That reminds me of how I love Penumbra, especially the encounter with 'Red' in overture and later the facility/complex with those creatures in Black Plague. Its a great experience and story.
09-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21

(09-06-2010, 11:05 PM)InsidiousBoot Wrote: I didn't think it was scary, it is because I've grown familiar with the demo level design and my mind separates sound effects from actual beings in the demo, and that makes it not scary.. and also the sudden 'scares' didn't work for me. maybe if I would encounter something similar like this in a longer session in unfamiliar surroundings, then I would get a scare as I'd be on my toes..

the water part wasn't really scary, except for the monster behind me and following my movements. Not the greatest enemy concept, but I do believe they had to cut a lot for the demo to not spill spoilers for the full game, which I'll most likely enjoy very much Smile

PS: In Penumbra Black Plague those tuurngaits were really scary, I remember getting stuck at this point in the last level where you have to flip a switch and there's a nearby monster patrolling. It would run after you from around 2 meters distance. That really was scary, took me 2 days to get past there !! That reminds me of how I love Penumbra, especially the encounter with 'Red' in overture and later the facility/complex with those creatures in Black Plague. Its a great experience and story.

Don't worry... After I complete the game (hahaha), I'll be making Custom Stories, that'll scare the bejesus out of you.

And unlike Frictional Games, I don't have to follow a specific story line. I could make barbie dolls attack the player, if I wanted to xD

[Image: 16455.png]
09-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Yes, if you have modelling experience, that is... Wink

By the way, I think this is the scariest monster in any video game, EVER.

09-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Website Find
MulleDK19 Offline

(09-07-2010, 12:05 PM)Scraper Wrote: Yes, if you have modelling experience, that is... Wink

I do have a little.

But I'm a programmer, really... But perhaps someone would team up with me Tongue Who knows xD

09-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

There's been a lot of modding plans past few years, but nothing really turned out to be anything, sadly. Sad

09-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Website Find
MulleDK19 Offline

(09-07-2010, 12:38 PM)Scraper Wrote: There's been a lot of modding plans past few years, but nothing really turned out to be anything, sadly. Sad

You mean for Penumbra?

The chance of something getting released for Amnesia should be a lot higher as we get a lot better tools (Like the tile-based level editor), and the fact that the game allows easy adding of new levels through the "Custom Stories" feature.

09-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Find
InsidiousBoot Offline

Threads: 1

(09-07-2010, 08:56 AM)MulleDK19 Wrote:
(09-06-2010, 11:05 PM)InsidiousBoot Wrote: I didn't think it was scary, it is because I've grown familiar with the demo level design and my mind separates sound effects from actual beings in the demo, and that makes it not scary.. and also the sudden 'scares' didn't work for me. maybe if I would encounter something similar like this in a longer session in unfamiliar surroundings, then I would get a scare as I'd be on my toes..

Don't worry... After I complete the game (hahaha), I'll be making Custom Stories, that'll scare the bejesus out of you.

And unlike Frictional Games, I don't have to follow a specific story line. I could make barbie dolls attack the player, if I wanted to xD

Haha nice to hear, that would be epic. :p
09-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

(09-07-2010, 12:40 PM)MulleDK19 Wrote:
(09-07-2010, 12:38 PM)Scraper Wrote: There's been a lot of modding plans past few years, but nothing really turned out to be anything, sadly. Sad

You mean for Penumbra?

The chance of something getting released for Amnesia should be a lot higher as we get a lot better tools (Like the tile-based level editor), and the fact that the game allows easy adding of new levels through the "Custom Stories" feature.

Yes, but it still takes lots of time and dedication if you want something good to come out.

09-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Website Find
MulleDK19 Offline

(09-07-2010, 01:11 PM)Scraper Wrote:
(09-07-2010, 12:40 PM)MulleDK19 Wrote:

You mean for Penumbra?

Yes, but it still takes lots of time and dedication if you want something good to come out.

Don't worry, it'll be good Tongue
Or at least extremely scary xD

There won't be any puzzles, though... Not something that takes more than a chicken brain to solve, at least.

I'm gonna focus on the scaryness Big Grin

09-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Find