Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gameplay Bug, Cannot Progress (?)
Al3xand3r Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Gameplay Bug, Cannot Progress (?)

I may be wrong and this contains minor early spoilers so don't proceed if you haven't played at least a few hours.

Anyway, I got the acid created using the four chemicals, I poured it in the vial, then I went to the blocked passageway in the main hall and used the acid dissolving the slime. All seemed good until I thought, hey, maybe I should refill this thing with more acid just in case it's needed later.

I made my way back to the laboratory only to find that the empty vial could not be used there, even though the valves were functional, so I couldn't create more. I thought ok, I won't need it and should continue, but that didn't work out because upon reaching the passageway the slime was reset like most objects.

Is there any way to proceed without more acid? My guess is no and I should restart (since it auto saved after my return to the laboratory). It shouldn't take long to reach this point again but it should be fixed for others if it's a bug and not just me being dumb and doing something to impede my own progress somehow...
09-18-2010, 06:30 PM
Find
Opeth Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Gameplay Bug, Cannot Progress (?)

(09-18-2010, 06:30 PM)Al3xand3r Wrote: I may be wrong and this contains minor early spoilers so don't proceed if you haven't played at least a few hours.

Anyway, I got the acid created using the four chemicals, I poured it in the vial, then I went to the blocked passageway in the main hall and used the acid dissolving the slime. All seemed good until I thought, hey, maybe I should refill this thing with more acid just in case it's needed later.

I made my way back to the laboratory only to find that the empty vial could not be used there, even though the valves were functional, so I couldn't create more. I thought ok, I won't need it and should continue, but that didn't work out because upon reaching the passageway the slime was reset like most objects.

I've got the exact same problem. Thought the same, why don't I get some more acid , if I need it later ? Well, the vial cannot be used anymore, always getting a "Cannot be used here" (or similar) message.

I'm afraid I have to start over again ..
09-19-2010, 11:48 AM
Find
Al3xand3r Offline

Threads: 1

Click load game instead of continue and load an older save, it should have many autosaves to choose from. I'm glad I saw this before a restart... The game should probably be changed into saving the states of objects, at least when they're related to a puzzle, including stacking things to climb somewhere you need to go.
09-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Find
Opeth Offline

Threads: 0

(09-19-2010, 03:31 PM)Al3xand3r Wrote: Click load game instead of continue and load an older save, it should have many autosaves to choose from. I'm glad I saw this before a restart... The game should probably be changed into saving the states of objects, at least when they're related to a puzzle, including stacking things to climb somewhere you need to go.

Thank you Al3xand3r. Already loaded another autosave. I'm really happy the autosaves don't get overwritten.

Smile
09-19-2010, 10:54 PM
Find