Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What part of Amnesia scared you the most?
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7
RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most?

Yep, the water monster part was mostly... intense, but not really scary. Like the last encounter you (will) have in Amnesia: Justine.

(02-04-2013, 03:21 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Bad people watched PewDiePie due to his childish nature and funny yelling
(like: Stephano! or Mr. Chair!) Whenever i mentioned Amnesia, my friend automatically said the word "Mr. CHAIR!" (Sorry, but i hate the fanbase, not the guy) No flame war intended, and i hope it will be that way.
I'm not a fan of PewDiePie, but I'm seeing a nice contradiction here Big Grin
02-05-2013, 11:47 PM
Find
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9

(02-03-2013, 02:04 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Good people watched Cry because he is serious.
Bad people watched PewDiePie due to his childish nature and funny yelling
(like: Stephano! or Mr. Chair!) Whenever i mentioned Amnesia, my friend automatically said the word "Mr. CHAIR!" (Sorry, but i hate the fanbase, not the guy) No flame war intended, and i hope it will be that way.

I agree, I hate it when I mention Amnesia and someone thinks I am talking about PewDiePie. I watch PewDiePie but, I don't watch any of his Amnesia LPs or horror in that matter. If I am going to watch Amnesia LPs I mostly watch Cry.

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2013, 12:12 AM by Brosive.)
02-06-2013, 12:11 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

Well. Its nice to know that at least some people around here have a brain.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2013, 01:15 AM by Danny Boy.)
02-06-2013, 01:13 AM
Website Find
Cave Johnson Offline

Threads: 0

The morgue and that door... never slammed the pause button so quickly before. Also the iron maiden is the first time I threw my headphones off.
02-06-2013, 01:41 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

It's kinda like, if PewDiePie kept playing this game, this thread wouldn't exist. Also, is this just me, or the Fanbase is worse than the Guy?
No flame wars are intended, i hope it will be that way.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-06-2013, 08:19 AM
Find
rtjhbfvsrry Offline

Threads: 1

You are correct in saying the fanbase is worse than the guy. The "bro army" is a big pile of dumb and I understand that a lot of people hate him simply because he produced and unified such a horrific group of people.

I feel he's pretty entertaining but I understand he's not for everyone and the constant repeated jokes got really old really fast, but he's been doing it less lately. You have to admit that he is responsible for a lot of free publicity for a lot of games and mods that deserve it, though, and his original playthrough of Amnesia is great.

There are better Let's Players out there but I feel Pewdie gets a lot of undeserved hate because his fanbase are idiots. He actually repeatedly asked his fan not to spam and flame other Amnesia LPers.

I do think he's better when playing something based on real fear and not jumpscares.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2013, 12:19 PM by rtjhbfvsrry.)
02-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

(02-06-2013, 12:18 PM)Funderbunk Wrote: You are correct in saying the fanbase is worse than the guy. The "bro army" is a big pile of dumb and I understand that a lot of people hate him simply because he produced and unified such a horrific group of people.

I feel he's pretty entertaining but I understand he's not for everyone and the constant repeated jokes got really old really fast, but he's been doing it less lately. You have to admit that he is responsible for a lot of free publicity for a lot of games and mods that deserve it, though, and his original playthrough of Amnesia is great.

There are better Let's Players out there but I feel Pewdie gets a lot of undeserved hate because his fanbase are idiots. He actually repeatedly asked his fan not to spam and flame other Amnesia LPers.

I do think he's better when playing something based on real fear and not jumpscares.
Yeah. Remember when PewDiePie played White Night? He didn't want to play it, but his fans do. PewDiePie ruined the game, but i forgive that. The fanbase fuel PewDiePie to ruining it. So, the cause is not the guy, but the fanbase.
No flame wars are intended, and i hope it will be that way.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
02-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Find
rtjhbfvsrry Offline

I'm sorry, could you explain to me how he ruined the game? I'm not sure what you mean by that because I love the hell out of this game still.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2013, 03:30 PM by rtjhbfvsrry.)
02-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

(02-06-2013, 03:29 PM)Funderbunk Wrote: I'm sorry, could you explain to me how he ruined the game? I'm not sure what you mean by that because I love the hell out of this game still.
So, you don't think yelling out "Stephano!!, MRCHAIR!, And screaming on video(which makes people laugh)" didn't ruined Amnesia? Amnesia became a funny game due to PewDiePie yelling and his fanbase fueling him to do it more. The culprit is the fanbase, not the guy. Pewdie could be Cry, too if it wasn't for those meddling fans!

"Veni, vidi, vici."
02-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Find
rtjhbfvsrry Offline

I don't see it - I still think Amnesia is scary and when I'm properly immersed Pewdiepie is the last thing on my mind. Also, what's the point of horror LPs other than "its funny to see people be terrified"? Obviously all horror LPs have an air of comedy and nightmare retardant. The entire point is to see how other people react to things.

Yes, I do suppose occassionally when you play it and you see, for example, that damn yellow statue your mind might wander to Pewdiepie and lose immersion. That's about the extent of how he influences the game to me. And in the core game, not custom stories, I don't even know where to find that damn statue.

Or do you mean he ruined other people's perception of the game? That people think it's a funny game because of him? In which case I counter with "who cares what they think?". I mean, yes, it's annoying to hear Pewdie's fanbase repeating his catchphrases ad nauseum but seriously, sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on the internet who knows how to ignore people and to not let other people's opinions be a factor on my own.

That's just my opinion though. Maybe he has "ruined" the game and I'm just too scared to notice.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2013, 04:27 PM by rtjhbfvsrry.)
02-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Find