Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Box shot?
Dark Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Box shot?

typical flare flames Smile
its to red imo
i think they need to change it to blue(-ish)
when you go to the site of overture you will see that the second "major" color is some sort of blue and i think that they should take that color Smile

[Image: elfenliednx4.jpg]
02-20-2007, 05:04 PM
Find
J2K Offline

Threads: 0

But the red is from the flare, blue wouldn't make any sense. Though there probably would be a way to work it in.
02-23-2007, 06:39 AM
Find
Rowedekhelicon
Unregistered

J2K Wrote:But the red is from the flare, blue wouldn't make any sense. Though there probably would be a way to work it in.
Well then perhaps a complete change of the artwork is in order, because the only thing that matters when it comes to cover designs / posters is the overall subconscious affect. In this case, in order to properly advertise the game, that affect should be something cold and unnerving. IMO the current design is neither.
02-23-2007, 05:20 PM
flubagalub
Unregistered

I think it should be similar to the current one, but with a torch instead of a flare. And he is aiming the torch at one area, but everywhere else is completely dark. And maybe you could see a vague outline of a monster behind him, or in front of him but not where he is aiming his torch.
So you get the idea that he is alone, unarmed, and being hunted by monsters.
03-03-2007, 02:31 AM
banj007 Offline

Threads: 10

flubagalub Wrote:I think it should be similar to the current one, but with a torch instead of a flare. And he is aiming the torch at one area, but everywhere else is completely dark. And maybe you could see a vague outline of a monster behind him, or in front of him but not where he is aiming his torch.
So you get the idea that he is alone, unarmed, and being hunted by monsters.

Yeah thats a good idea, i also agree with the much less red idea.
Maybe lets take him out of the sewers and put him in a smallish room. A couple of boxes and some things to look at and then the shadow monster idea. That would be cool
03-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Website Find
HiViH Offline

Threads: 6

i kinda like the red one.. simple.. good art overall, i would be pleased with it, though not much attractive and appealing.. i think people not knowing the game unlike me wouldnt go to check it because of the line art, its not as interesting.. though depicts as a horror game..

There are blue flares too ם:
i dont know.. this is darker .. maybe to much D;
with a few.. probably unnoticeable touches of mine..

03-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Website Find
banj007 Offline

Threads: 10

I could stand that one Smile
03-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Website Find
HiViH Offline

il try to edit with some hint to a monster behind him see how it looks P:

03-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Website Find
gamgam2 Offline

Threads: 23

That looks pretty good.
Hopefully they won't use the red one, it doesn't really tell what the game's about.

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
03-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Website Find
HiViH Offline

neither does my blue version Tongue
but it does seem to give the message its a horror game none the less.

2 monster thingi version's.. not too invested.. i lacked the will to invest too much P:
dunno.. i liked the simplasity of the blue or red version but thats enough.. i think.. though a monster would attract more people to look at it.. its not as original and.. dunno >_>

03-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Website Find