Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't save progress!
benblue20 Offline

Threads: 2
Not Solved Can't save progress!

I've been struggling with this problem for a while now and I can't seem to figure it out. No matter how far I get into the game and then press the Save and Exit button, the game will not save my progress; rather, the game will read Start New Game every single time I launch the game. I purchased the game on Steam and it's very frustrating because I can never progress through the game at all. Sad

I have attached my specs using dxdiag if this helps.

Attached Files
.png   specs.png (Size: 27.66 KB / Downloads: 212)
.png   specs2.png (Size: 24.38 KB / Downloads: 200)
09-17-2017, 04:21 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Not Solved RE: Can't save progress!

Try running the game as administrator. Could be a permissions issue.

09-17-2017, 02:50 PM
Find
benblue20 Offline

(09-17-2017, 02:50 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Try running the game as administrator. Could be a permissions issue.

I've tried running the game on Administrator on the aamfp.exe found in my ~\steamapps\common\Machine for Pigs folder, but it still doesn't work. I never had this kind of problem with the original Amnesia or SOMA games, but this one is just a buggy mess. Huh
09-18-2017, 03:10 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Have you tried verifying the integrity of the game cache? You do so via Steam by right clicking the game, going to properties and local files, then verify.

09-18-2017, 07:52 AM
Find
benblue20 Offline

(09-18-2017, 07:52 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Have you tried verifying the integrity of the game cache? You do so via Steam by right clicking the game, going to properties and local files, then verify.

Hey thanks for your reply. Yes, I did verify the the local files and even this doesn't work.

I tried removing my profile (thinking it was a buggy profile), but I get an error message reading Cannot remove profile!.

I can run every game on my Steam library just fine, but this one is just a pain in the ass. I'm beginning to understand why there were a lot of poor ratings with this particular title... Undecided
09-19-2017, 02:05 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Definitely a permissions issue I'd say. You can try to locate the files by going to Documents\Amnesia\Pig. There you should see the profile you couldn't delete before. There are a few things you can try here. One is to go to the properties of the Pig folder. On the security tab, edit the permissions so "Everyone" have full rights. You can also try deleting the profile folder that you weren't able to remove via the game and see if that works.

09-19-2017, 07:57 AM
Find