Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.6 Average
Amnesia: TDD Improvement mod.
TheLittleGarfield Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Amnesia: TDD Improvement mod.

Hacker's Delight Big GrinDDD good old bioshock

Meh...
11-18-2010, 06:38 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

Here is another mod that was kept as a surprise. "HARDCORE AMNESIA"
It makes Amnesia extremely difficult. Here are the changes.
-No Sanity Regeneration. This means your sanity will not regenerate no matter how low it is.
-No Health Regeneration. This means your health will not regenerate no matter how low it is.
-Lantern Consumes Oil Faster. You will have to use it efficiently. Only when you need it to. Use it at the wrong time, and no oil. Oil cans can still help
-If your sanity drops critical, that you crumble to the floor, you restart with 50% sanity.
-This is why I call the sanity problems "The Sanity's Care".

To Install either Hacker's Delight or Hardcore Amnesia, just extract the file to amnesia/redist/config.
Oops, Something mishapped the file. Here it is.

Once more. Installation: Extract the game.cfg file into amnesia/redist/config.
Make sure to back up the file game.cfg!

TIP: Very Hard Style Amnesia.

Out of mod: You would get a "Bonus Edition", only if you like my mods. But there are many mods, like 20 of 'em would be in total. These pack contains a mod that is similar to the previous ones, only mixed up, like a mod mess up. That is Why I call it "Bonus Edition."

More to find.
Oops, I just noticed a game play bug in Hardcore Amnesia. The Shadow causes incredible damage. I have uploaded a fix. Download the Fixed Version instead of the original Hardcore Amnesia. The Shadow has a problem and I fixed it in the Fixed Version.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2010, 07:20 PM by Robby.)
11-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Another feisty mod. Known as "Hunger" Change log:
-Your Health will constantly drop on it's own. If you won't find Laudanum in time, you will die.
-Reversed oil. That would help.
-The Slime will give a big boost to your health. Similar to eating the slime itself.

Release date:Released.

Now, I can no longer make any mods today. I was given an injection with something, and now I feel terrible. I need to rest in order to continue. I have, uh... about 15 or 14 mods left.
Here is the download. Follow the instructions listed already in the first page.
Also, The Oil indicator gets outside the lantern when you are looking at the indicator in the menu. As if the Oil raised outside the indicator. If you think that the lantern's reversed oil thingy is messing the mood up, tell me and I will fix it.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2010, 09:00 PM by Robby.)
11-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Website Find
Vincent Offline

Threads: 7

Cool, but how fast does your HP drain? There's moments where you hardly find any at all...

[Image: 14014353645647cc447974.gif]
11-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(11-18-2010, 10:22 PM)Vincent Wrote: Cool, but how fast does your HP drain? There's moments where you hardly find any at all...

It drains kinda slowly. If you need to, i can decrease the speed. Also, with full health, it may take at least eight or less minutes to fully die.

But hey, you can resurrect, and slime recovers a huge part of your health.

The Lamp indicator may glitch sometimes. I'm already fixing, but it doesn't seem right...
Also, if you start the game from scratch, there could be problems. Let me know, and I'll fix it.
I uploaded a fix to slow down the hunger with a good amount. It appears that if you explore the world of Amnesia from scratch, you will have problems. Anyway, I decreased it to very low this time. Still keep an eye out for Laudanum.

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2010, 12:52 PM by Robby.)
11-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

I was aiming on trying to do a small map as a puzzle mod, but, sadly, I never get enough time. Although I can mod some of Amnesia's maps. I've made a backup.

EDIT: I tried to edit the maps so that they would have hallucinations when you least expect them. Time is of the essence and I can't work until 2011. My birthday is getting near and celebrations will take away a load of time.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2010, 02:50 PM by Robby.)
12-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Back to this improvement mod pack, I've managed to bring ideas back into my head. Next mod that is going to be released in the next post is Curse.

Change Log:

-Your Sanity drains (Similar to a Curse). It drains very slowly, and you may get the chance to do a small thing.
-Available Challenge that you could do if you wish: Try to die as less as you can (Try not to die too many times.) If you succeed trying not to die at least 20 times throughout the whole game, then I could make Curse 2.
-Solving puzzles can increase your sanity. You can use them to your advantage. (Puzzle solving is allowed in the challenge. You also must do the puzzles through.

Let me know if it's good. Also, feel free to try out my other mods released until now.
(12-11-2010, 03:30 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: Back to this improvement mod pack, I've managed to bring ideas back into my head. Next mod that is going to be released in the next post is Curse.

Change Log:

-Your Sanity drains (Similar to a Curse). It drains very slowly, and you may get the chance to do a small thing.
-Available Challenge that you could do if you wish: Try to die as less as you can (Try not to die too many times.) If you succeed trying not to die at least 20 times throughout the whole game, then I could make Curse 2.
-Solving puzzles can increase your sanity. You can use them to your advantage. (Puzzle solving is allowed in the challenge. You also must do the puzzles through.

Let me know if it's good. Also, feel free to try out my other mods released until now.

I've managed to make Curse 2, the next of the Curse mod. If you tested Curse, then Curse 2 will be just like this one, only harder.

Next mods on the list: Curse 3 and Poison.
[attachment=864]

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2010, 04:07 PM by Robby.)
12-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Website Find
thesnake Offline

Threads: 1

I don't see many new Amnesia mods/maps...you make so many great mods and I wouldn't be surprised if you or any other dedicated mod maker made a "expansion" kinda like Thief 2's T2X.
12-14-2010, 02:19 AM
Find
Moniker Offline

Threads: 0

(11-09-2010, 08:41 PM)Robby Wrote: OK, after some work, here is most of the change log:
-Increased Oil Lamp Capacity (Oil burns away slower)
-Time Spent on Darkness is smaller (Sanity Drains faster in Darkness)
-Changed some speeds that occur when you fall to make it look realistic
-Looking at enemies drains sanity faster.
-A random ability which occurs randomly, and it raises your sanity to 80 points (Green). If it happens, be happy, because it may not always happen
-Movement speeds improved
-Health regeneration limit significantly raised (More of your health replenishes on it's own, like 76 points. Normal point level was 52.)
-When you die, the screen takes longer to fade away like 7 seconds. (Better lookings mean better things)
-When your sanity reaches critical (When you crumble to the floor) you will stay longer on the floor, posing a greater challenge.
-In normal points, your sanity reaches "Head is Pounding and Hands are Shaking" after you get up. Instead, I made it stay at "..." (normal point level 42%, changed level 22%)
-And probably some more.

Install notes: Put the .cfg file into Amnesia/redist/config. Be sure to backup your game.cfg file before installing.
Here is the .cfg file. Be sure to follow installation directions in order to use this mod finely. Enjoy, and comment.

Future Release: SImilar to this one, but with the mod named as "Hacker's Delight" I'll tell you more about it on November 13th.

BEWARE! These two attachments are the wrong versions. I made a fixed version in the next post!
Sorry, things went messed up here!

EDIT: This gone bad. Download the third file instead of the first or the second. Something messed this up.

Can you repost the third file again please? Thanks in advance!
05-30-2014, 04:59 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Reviving such an old thread... this ain't exactly me this time.

Also, those files are gone now. But I may be able to help otherwise.

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2014, 08:49 AM by Robby.)
06-02-2014, 08:48 AM
Website Find