Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game crashes when loading custom map
TimProzz Offline

Threads: 8
Bug  Game crashes when loading custom map

Currently creating a new custom story (Illusions of the Dead 2). I'm using a lot of AMFP assets. For some reason the map started crashing everytime I try to load it up. Wasn't like this yesterday when I stopped working on it. I don't see the problem myself.

hpl.log as attachment.

Please some suggestions?

TimProzz

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 59.64 KB / Downloads: 106)

Mod I'm working on: Illusions of the Dead 2
ModDB Illusions of the Dead 2
01-29-2018, 01:08 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Game crashes when loading custom map

Before you started using the MFP assets, did you move them elsewhere and delete their associated .anm and .msh files?

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
01-29-2018, 12:23 PM
Find
TimProzz Offline

Threads: 8

I deleted some of the gauges and spraylock entities in the level editor and I managed to get the map working.

The last thing that I did before the map broke was organize the entities folder. With that I mean in the entities folder I had a subfolder called _amfp and then another subfolder with all the AMFP entities (Path eg: entities/_amfp/gauges).

That was very inconvenient because in the level editor it put all the entities in one folder (_amfp). So I wanted to sort them a little bit.

So I created subfolders for all the AMFP entities folders (Path eg: entities/_amfp_gauges).

I'm not sure if the animations have fixed/hard-coded paths or folder names. I mean if the folder name has to be "gauges" instead of "_amfp_gauges"?

Mod I'm working on: Illusions of the Dead 2
ModDB Illusions of the Dead 2
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2018, 11:51 PM by TimProzz.)
01-29-2018, 10:12 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

I'm not completely sure myself, since I haven't encountered this error personally, but I will certainly try to troubleshoot it further. I doubt it is hardcoded, but messing with the directories could lead to some very unusual problems with animations if they expect a particular directory and it instead finds a different animation of the same name which conflicts with the original entity.

Or rather, think of it like a grunt with an idle animation referencing a wretch's idle animation because they have the same filename but the engine found Wretch's idle animation first.

Nonetheless, I'm glad you managed to get it working! Be sure to use the same folder structure as you have currently when exporting your Custom Story as, if these problems occurred on your machine, it is likely they'll occur on another if they were left unchanged.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
01-30-2018, 05:36 AM
Find