Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freezing when i create profile
HotCocoaBoy
Unregistered

Not Solved Freezing when i create profile
I don't see this problem adressed in the trouble shooting guide exactly. I'm starting up the game for what the game registers as the first time with the developer notes and such, and when the screen comes up to create a profile my entire game freezes and i cant play (i even tried reinstalling but to no avail). Any solutions?
04-22-2019, 07:27 PM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Not Solved RE: Freezing when i create profile
(04-22-2019, 07:27 PM)HotCocoaBoy Wrote: I don't see this problem adressed in the trouble shooting guide exactly. I'm starting up the game for what the game registers as the first time with the developer notes and such, and when the screen comes up to create a profile my entire game freezes and i cant play (i even tried reinstalling but to no avail). Any solutions?

You could be lacking the permissions Amnesia requires to create a folder in the /Documents/ directory so that you can save the game. Can you run the game as an Administrator and see if that fixes it?

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
04-22-2019, 07:44 PM
Find
HotCocoaBoy
Unregistered

(04-22-2019, 07:44 PM)Romulator Wrote:
(04-22-2019, 07:27 PM)HotCocoaBoy Wrote: I don't see this problem adressed in the trouble shooting guide exactly. I'm starting up the game for what the game registers as the first time with the developer notes and such, and when the screen comes up to create a profile my entire game freezes and i cant play (i even tried reinstalling but to no avail). Any solutions?

You could be lacking the permissions Amnesia requires to create a folder in the /Documents/ directory so that you can save the game. Can you run the game as an Administrator and see if that fixes it?

Nope, im already running it as admin.
04-22-2019, 07:53 PM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Attach the log file after such a crash. Does it freeze as you enter the menu then? Before you get to click anything? Maybe a driver issue since that's when the first 3D renders come up.

04-23-2019, 08:38 PM
Find
Unregistered

(04-23-2019, 08:38 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Attach the log file after such a crash. Does it freeze as you enter the menu then? Before you get to click anything? Maybe a driver issue since that's when the first 3D renders come up.

it freezes immediatly as the background appears, and i found that if i delete that in the file labeled "main_menu" the game will start (however the frames were pretty low and then it froze again).
04-23-2019, 09:00 PM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
What are your hardware specs? Also, log file please?

04-26-2019, 05:44 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.