Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help How to build own Penumbra levels in HPL2?
max5five Offline

Threads: 2
Question  How to build own Penumbra levels in HPL2?

So, I have this question: How to edit Penumbra levels in Amnesia?

Frictional Games when they were developing Penumbra, didn't have a Level Editor, so they made whole levels as one static object (model). And I'm now asking you, are there any wall models like in Amnesia or Soma, so I can make my own levels?

Thanks.  Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2019, 02:35 PM by max5five.)
07-03-2019, 02:27 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: How to build own Penumbra levels in HPL2?

At best I think you'll find that the level .dae files contain submeshes of walls. These could be possible to extract and set up as a more modular asset base. This is probably more likely in Black Plague rather than Overture, as Overture seemed to use far too specific pieces IIRC.

Some existing mods utilize asset bases that look like they are from Penumbra. These packs are probably floating around online. Or you could get them from the mods themselves.

07-03-2019, 03:32 PM
Find
max5five Offline

(07-03-2019, 03:32 PM)Mudbill Wrote: At best I think you'll find that the level .dae files contain submeshes of walls. These could be possible to extract and set up as a more modular asset base. This is probably more likely in Black Plague rather than Overture, as Overture seemed to use far too specific pieces IIRC.

Some existing mods utilize asset bases that look like they are from Penumbra. These packs are probably floating around online. Or you could get them from the mods themselves.

Extracting .dae files sounds complicated. Guess I'll download assets online.
Anyways, thanks!!
07-03-2019, 03:37 PM
Find
max5five Offline

(07-03-2019, 03:37 PM)max5five Wrote:
(07-03-2019, 03:32 PM)Mudbill Wrote: At best I think you'll find that the level .dae files contain submeshes of walls. These could be possible to extract and set up as a more modular asset base. This is probably more likely in Black Plague rather than Overture, as Overture seemed to use far too specific pieces IIRC.

Extracting .dae files sounds complicated. Guess I'll download assets online.
Anyways, thanks!!

Welp, can't find these assets anywhere..

It is through pain, that we know we're still alive.
07-03-2019, 05:50 PM
Find