Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with 1.3 update for Mac
xxjaz1228
Unregistered

Not Solved Help with 1.3 update for Mac
Hey, hopefully this gets some response in 2019. So, I bought Amnesia many many years ago back when Frictional games still had their own store on their site. I didn't buy it off Steam or Humble or any other online retailer.
I've recently (in the past couple days) had two really great custom stories suddenly crash when loading a new map because I don't have the 1.3 update that they came out with a few years back (I'm just seeing this update now), and I have no idea how I'm supposed to get this update since frictional games no longer has their own store.
I've been looking around online and I can't seem to find a way to get it besides buying the game all over again on one of the different sites, which would be really shitty considering the amount of mods I already have on my current amnesia application and I don't just have twenty bucks to throw down for the exact same game, ya know?
Someone help me out please
07-15-2019, 07:46 AM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Not Solved RE: Help with 1.3 update for Mac
Got no idea if it still works, but https://shelf.frictionalgames.com/ should be the place to go if you still have your credentials.

Otherwise I'll forward this off to our Community Manager and they'll be in contact Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2019, 03:00 PM by Romulator.)
07-15-2019, 03:00 PM
Find
xxjaz1228
Unregistered

(07-15-2019, 03:00 PM)Romulator Wrote: Got no idea if it still works, but https://shelf.frictionalgames.com/ should be the place to go if you still have your credentials.

Otherwise I'll forward this off to our Community Manager and they'll be in contact Smile

Thanks for replying super quick. I was able to put in the email and order number and it came up, and it does have the "download mac" option, but I'm wondering if this is to download the entire game application or if it will just download the update?? I'm afraid to do it in case if it's to download the whole game and something happens to all the data and stuff on my current game. Would you happen to know? 
Thanks a lot again
07-16-2019, 01:55 AM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
I'm not 100% sure but I think the Mac version is deployed as a full game with the update. In fact I think all game downloads include the patch. Not sure if the patch can be gotten separately anywhere anymore unless the thread here still has it...

Ah yes, as it says here: https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-24334.html

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2019, 12:13 AM by Mudbill.)
07-17-2019, 12:06 AM
Find
xxjaz1228
Unregistered

(07-17-2019, 12:06 AM)Mudbill Wrote: I'm not 100% sure but I think the Mac version is deployed as a full game with the update. In fact I think all game downloads include the patch. Not sure if the patch can be gotten separately anywhere anymore unless the thread here still has it...

Ah yes, as it says here: https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-24334.html

Hmm damn okay. It'd just be a pain to lose all the custom stories I already downloaded on there, I have a bunch. But I guess I'll go ahead and download it again so everything can actually run smoothly. Do I need to somehow uninstall the game that I already have downloaded on the mac before I download the one with the update?
(sorry for all the questions)
07-17-2019, 03:23 AM
xxjaz1228
Unregistered

I actually went ahead and just downloaded it. I didn't replace it with the old one, it's just its own thing. I was able to test run the new Amnesia application, and it brought me to the loading screen like normal, however I did get a pop-up on the desktop with the header reading,
'"Amnesia" is not optimized for your Mac.'
And underneath it reads,
'This app needs to be updated by its developer to improve compatibility.'
I'm not sure if maybe this Mac is just a little old for the update and/or if this means that I'm gonna experience issues with the new download. Not sure if anyone knows what this pop-up means ?
07-17-2019, 04:13 AM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Okay so, relaying some stuff here so bear with me!

First of all, sorry to hear that the version seems to be outdated. If this really is a compatibility issue and you cannot find a workaround on your own, then you're unfortunately going to have to wait just a bit. Frictional are currently on holiday and as such, aren't doing any actual work and support officially at the moment.

Regardless, I have now assigned this thread directly to our Community Manager, and they will get in touch with the Frictional Developers and/or Mac persons and try to get a proper fix for this pushed out ASAP. You aren't the first person to note that there may need to be a version update for Mac, and we're sorry for the delays.

If you are still able to play the game, then by all means, you are welcome to continue! If you experience difficulties however, we may or may not be able to provide proper support based on the errors or issues. As moderators (Mudbill and myself), we don't have access to the source code of Amnesia specifically, but we may be able to assist with some issues depending on their nature.

As I mentioned, I have assigned this thread to our Community Manager, however you are welcome to send Frictional Games an email directly through their Contact Page if you wish.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
07-17-2019, 02:34 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
If you're running macOS 10.14 Mojave (and I think also High Sierra) then you'll get a warning about compatibility because Amnesia is 32-bit which is being discontinued in 10.15 Catalina. They should still run despite the warning though, unless you're running on Catalina already, in which case it won't run until an update to Amnesia is pushed.
If you can run it despite the warning, go ahead. It won't actually cause any issues.

07-17-2019, 03:25 PM
Find
xxjaz1228
Unregistered

Thanks so much both of you. I haven't run into any problems so far so I think all is good!
If there are any updates from the community manager/frictional games definitely please let me know.
But yeah, everything seems to be working at the moment. Thanks again, I never would've figure it out on my own lol
07-18-2019, 03:15 AM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.