Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mouse not working
decorusveritas Offline

Threads: 1
Not Solved RE: Mouse not working

Astalan,

Yeah, the Steam solutions don't work because I think Frictional already fixed those versions of the issues. But don't stress; I've been playing Amnesia with my Xbox controller while I wait, and everything works great. More than rainy windows. There's nothing wrong with our games, we just need Frictional to tell us how to switch the inputs so the game is set up for a mouse, not a gamepad. Shouldn't be too hard, but it is the weekend so we may not get an answer until next week. If you need something to occupy you in the meantime, Frictional's other masterpiece, SOMA, is amazing, and still on sale at GOG.

Windowed mode is not something you want anything; doesn't help and it breaks immersion. But you can turn off fullscreen in the Options setting of the game, and that automatically converts you to windowed mode. But like I said, fullscreen with lights off if the way to go.
08-22-2020, 09:52 AM
Find
Astalon Offline

Threads: 0

decorusveritas,

I'm confident it will be fixed, even if it is to move back to 1.41 from the 1.41a I already have. I too really hate windowed mode and whenever I get an older game onto my Win 10 - the first thing I do is to use compatibility options to make it full screen.

I just looked at some videos of SOMA - it is gorgeous, plus it's a great price. Thanks for the recommendation!
08-22-2020, 10:35 AM
Find
Astalon Offline

Good news, it is now working - but only when working on 1.41 (not 1.41a). GOG instructed me to use GOG Galaxy. On the buttons next to the 'play button' on the game, head to Manage installation > Configure > Installation - choose version 1.41. Also, uncheck 'Automatically update to newest version'.
08-22-2020, 09:49 PM
Find
Argoon Offline

Threads: 5

(08-22-2020, 09:49 PM)Astalon Wrote: Good news, it is now working - but only when working on 1.41 (not 1.41a). GOG instructed me to use GOG Galaxy. On the buttons next to the 'play button' on the game, head to Manage installation > Configure > Installation - choose version 1.41. Also, uncheck 'Automatically update to newest version'.

I don't know why but that didn't worked in my case, even going to 1.41 didn't made the mouse move the view.

Will try the steam version with the non_steam exe some say that works, but this is really something FG should solve, is a huge inconvenient and something that tarnishes this great game.
08-24-2020, 02:35 PM
Find
Astalon Offline

(08-24-2020, 02:35 PM)Argoon Wrote:
(08-22-2020, 09:49 PM)Astalon Wrote: Good news, it is now working - but only when working on 1.41 (not 1.41a). GOG instructed me to use GOG Galaxy. On the buttons next to the 'play button' on the game, head to Manage installation > Configure > Installation - choose version 1.41. Also, uncheck 'Automatically update to newest version'.

I don't know why but that didn't worked in my case, even going to 1.41 didn't made the mouse move the view.

Will try the steam version with the non_steam exe some say that works, but this is really something FG should solve, is a huge inconvenient and something that tarnishes this great game.

Really hope it will work for you soon.
08-24-2020, 03:03 PM
Find
Brimstone Offline

Threads: 2

Hi,

I've found the issue. GOG applies 3rd party files to the game setup such as the "goggame.sdb" which is a Microsoft compatibility fix "IgnoreAltTab" which broke mouse function. You have to remove that fix manually from the Windows\apppatch\CustomSDB folder and also from the registry. Then mouse will work normally again.

I have no idea for what this compatibility fix originally should be good for.

The other issue that no game mode selection appears is a bug in the Amnesia.exe caused by the latest 1.41a patch from Frictional Games. They need to fix this!

In addition it could be always useful to update SDL.dll from 1.2.14.0 to 1.2.15.0 with proper mouse fix, SDL_ttf.dll from 2.0.8.0 to 2.0.11.0, SDL2.dll from 2.0.4.0 to 2.0.12.0, add libfreetype-6.dll 2.10.2.0 and update zlib1.dll from 1.2.1.0 to 1.2.11.0. This could help for better stability on modern systems, because these dlls includes the latest bug-fixes and improvements. Frictional Games should think about it. You can download the full updated SDL library in the attachment.

And playing in 4K resolution makes the HUD and font very small. It should be possible to fix the HUD scaling in a next update aswell.

And don't forget to update DRM-free builds from Humble Store and shelf.frictionalgames.com

Humble Store is still on 1.4.0
FG Store is still on 1.3.1

Thank you.

.zip   Amnesia_sdl_update.zip (Size: 955.33 KB / Downloads: 219)
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2020, 07:24 PM by Brimstone.)
08-25-2020, 08:13 AM
Find
decorusveritas Offline

Threads: 1

(08-21-2020, 10:08 AM)nebej Wrote: What mouse do you have? Could you try running the game in windowed mode and see if that helps?

The community has done a lot of good troubleshooting on this thread locating the exact source of the problem. Looks like there's a few places for Frictional to step in. Any thoughts on the information we've provided here?
08-25-2020, 10:06 PM
Find
Astalon Offline

I had the problem arise again. I was instructed to install 1.40 and it seems to have worked.
08-26-2020, 10:52 AM
Find
Astalon Offline

(08-25-2020, 10:06 PM)decorusveritas Wrote:
(08-21-2020, 10:08 AM)nebej Wrote: What mouse do you have? Could you try running the game in windowed mode and see if that helps?

The community has done a lot of good troubleshooting on this thread locating the exact source of the problem. Looks like there's a few places for Frictional to step in. Any thoughts on the information we've provided here?

decorusveritas, I could not respond to your private message, you have the function disabled, see my answer in the post above.
08-26-2020, 12:27 PM
Find
Brimstone Offline

Threads: 2

decorusveritas,

the SDL files don't help! They are not meant to fix the mouse!
goggame.sdb is located in the Amnesia install folder. The CustomSDB folder does not contain a gog file. It contains a compatibility fix applied by gog. It has a key string.
08-26-2020, 03:03 PM
Find