Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Weapons (please read and discuss)
kailip Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Weapons (please read and discuss)

(01-23-2011, 10:01 PM)Gharren Wrote: Apart from the fact that it's really hard to get weapons included in Amnesia, it's completely out of the sense of the game.But I think it would be okay if you could kill enemies with throwing heavy objects on them.

Killing enemies is also completely out of the sense of the game.
01-24-2011, 03:50 AM
Find
Gharren Offline

Threads: 1

(01-24-2011, 03:50 AM)kailip Wrote:
(01-23-2011, 10:01 PM)Gharren Wrote: Apart from the fact that it's really hard to get weapons included in Amnesia, it's completely out of the sense of the game.But I think it would be okay if you could kill enemies with throwing heavy objects on them.

Killing enemies is also completely out of the sense of the game.

But it would make it more realistic and creepier. I don't like how the enemies just disappear after a few seconds of hiding. Would be better if they don't disappear and you have to avoid or kill them.
01-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Website Find
Dindril Offline

I though of this idea a while back, but my idea was to give something like a knife. The knife will be drawn similarly to the lantern, and while it's out, you will be more noticeable while the enemy is looking in your direction (reflection off blade, or something of that sort), but while it is looking away, stops you from being noticed by looking at it (steadies breathing, and lowers trembling, etc).

It will then be used by approaching the enemy from behind, and interacting with it, initiating a stealth kill. It will be risky, and you would still be able to use stealth to avoid an enemy, but also allows a quicker, more permanent (especially for patrolling enemies) way of dealing with the threat.

Basically, i could see it used while keeping the fear intact, by giving the option of temporarily greatly increasing the threat, to possibly eliminate it entirely.
01-24-2011, 11:37 PM
Find
Tottel Offline

Threads: 9

It's Amnesia, not Splinter Cell. :/
01-25-2011, 01:00 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(01-25-2011, 01:00 AM)Tottel Wrote: It's Amnesia, not Splinter Cell. :/

I thought Amnesia was taking as Modern Warfare 2, this is more acceptable imo.

01-25-2011, 10:34 AM
Website Find
GreatRhodand Offline

i dont think there should be weapons like guns and melee weapons but you should be able to kill enemies by like dropping boxes on them or setting traps. that would be awesome Smile
03-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Find
esten1 Offline

Even if monster would die..

Well think of it this way.. U walk around the rooms.. monster appears and u just shoot it dead.. and u keep on walking... That means you are NOT scared of the monsters.... But game was made to mess with ur mind and not being able to kill mobs makes this game unique...
03-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Find
TEJR Offline

Threads: 3

Do you know why people love amnesia ?? and Penumbra Black Plague??? no?
Because u cant kill enyone and u must hiding ... That is what people love in amnesia a lot of places to hide! ... i know it will be cool have .. sword, pickaxe or... another stuff but i will maybe not be so popular with it :/
03-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Find
Selyp Offline

Threads: 19

I think indirect means of getting rid of monster would be cool. Such as hitting a support beam with a sledge hammer and caving in a tunnel on top of the monster, or setting traps and stuff. But weapons in the traditional sense wouldn't really be that fun. Penumbra Overture did that, and I wasn't a big fan of the fighting.

Atlantia - An Amnesia: The Dark Descent Full Conversion Mod
03-03-2011, 12:46 AM
Find
house Offline

Threads: 11

Guns. No, Horrible Idea. But melee weapons again would be perfection.
03-03-2011, 01:59 AM
Find