Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which box art do you prefer
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
North American version
1.90%
2 1.90%
Old version
98.10%
103 98.10%
Total 105 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The North American box art is terrible
Sel Offline

Threads: 10
RE: The North American box art is terrible

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles...-Art-Sucks
02-13-2011, 02:38 AM
Find
Doctorcheese Offline

Threads: 28

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Please dont tell me that box is real?
God i was laughing for 5 minutes when i saw it...

''Sick, twisted child... You'll burn for this!''
02-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Find
Dilanadu Offline

Threads: 2

This boxart legitimately pisses me off lol. It's like they didn't even play the game. Even if you play Amnesia for 20 minutes you'll figure out the whole point of the fear aspect is what you don't see. Ugh.
02-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Find
pedritti Offline

Threads: 1

THQ = failbox
02-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Find
Macil Offline

Uhg, the American box art is awful. Atrocious.

Frictional Games would be better off not publishing in America than having to publish with this box art.

And I live in America.

If I were FG, I wouldn't allow my game to sit on the shelves with this defilement. I don't care what I'd have to do to stop it, either.

There are principles to uphold, man. Standards. The art itself is contrary to the nature of the game.

I adored Amnesia. A top five favorite. If I were at the store looking for a new game, I would never purchase this game based on the box art alone (the eye would just pass right over it), because it makes it look like a bargain bin title (and this coming form someone who has purchased two digital copies and got friends to buy several more).

Here's hoping you can change it, FG. Still love ya, and I will of course be buying your future titles. Smile
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2011, 01:25 AM by Macil.)
02-16-2011, 01:21 AM
Find
AdinsxBejoty Offline

Threads: 0

This boxart has nothing to do with the stupidity of Americans and everything to do with the stupidity of American marketing departments.
02-16-2011, 01:34 AM
Find
LSunday Offline

...And the unfortunately large percentage of Americans who fall for it. I don't blame the stupidity of marketing departments- they know what sells. Same with the media in general- they wouldn't do it if enough people didn't eat it up, because they'd go out of business.

I blame the lack of morals and ethics in Marketing departments, and the stupidity of a big enough percentage of Americans to perpetuate it.

And yes, I am American... But I'm probably no more trustworthy than anyone else on this topic, cause I really don't like being so...
02-16-2011, 02:18 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Well, I thought most of us agreed with that it's not only Americans, but all people.
There are stupid people everywhere.

02-16-2011, 02:23 AM
Website Find
Smithens Offline

That cover is against everything Amnesia is about. The Gatherer is in plain sight, the brightness way too high, and the letters "THQ" are branded on the cover instead of "Frictional Games." Not only did they make atrocious box art, but they're practically taking credit for it, too. Also, is Daniel wearing a T-shirt...?

Anyways... Figures that Frictional would get screwed over the first (?) time they deal with big-time game companies. Speaking of which, they seriously need to change the cover. Either pull the plug, or change it I say. It will flop if the box art looks like that.

Also, for those of you saying America breeds the world's ignorance, I bestow upon you a poem from the British poet Paul Neil Milne Johnstone:

The dead swans lay in the stagnant pool.
They lay. They rotted. They turned
Around occasionally.
Bits of flesh dropped off them from
Time to time.
And sank into the pool's mire.
They also smelt a great deal.
02-16-2011, 04:37 AM
Website Find
TheFixXxer NL Offline

Threads: 2

I prefer the second boxart of Cookieeater. It has a real mysterious and attractive boxart
02-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Find