Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.63 Average
Video Tutorials [OMG ELEVEN!!!!]
Simpanra Offline

Threads: 28
Video  Video Tutorials [OMG ELEVEN!!!!]

Ok ok first of all, please give me just a moment, this thread hasn't got any videos YET i know. Ok, now that you are still here and haven't closed this thread yet, just let me explain =)

I love making video tutorials for all sorts of different things and i have been told that i am quite good at explaining things to a range of people. So this is what i am proposing. I will update this thread constantly with new questions and problems that i encounter, or that i see other people encounter. I will then gather all the useful information on how to tackle these problems, find a way of mending it, and then i will post a video tutorial in the first post of this thread so that eventually i will have made a huge bundle of Amnesia (and hpl2) specific video tutorials for people to access quickly and easily.

I hope other members of this forum will do what they can to aid me in this (i guess you could call it a) quest. This will not only help me find my way, but will also come in handy (i am sure) to other members both new and old of this forum.

Thank you for your time =)

Kindest regards,

Edd.

----------------------------------------------

FIRST VIDEO UPLOADED!!!!!!

Apology for the quality =/ please watch in 480p if you want to be able to read the dialog on screen =)

Tutorial on Simple Script Functions by Simpanra

Tutorial on Notes by Russ Money

Tutorial on Journal Entries and Momentos by Russ Money

Tutorial on Scripting Names and Descriptions for Keys by Simpanra

Tutorial on Making an Interactable Functional Ladder in Amnesia by Simpanra

Tutorial on How to Make a Custom Main Menu Background by Simpanra

Tutorial on Making Water by Simpanra

Tutorial on How to Choose YOUR OWN Soundtrack for Amnesia Main Menu by Simpanra

Tutorial on Making a Specific Key Unlock a Specific Door by Simpanra

Tutorial on Making a Level Door to Access the Next Level by Simpanra

Tutorial on Making a Full Conversion Mod by Russ Money

Please leave feedback either here or on the youtube video and i will respond ASAP =)
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2011, 06:55 AM by Simpanra.)
04-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: Video Tutorials

(04-24-2011, 02:36 PM)Simpanra Wrote: Ok ok first of all, please give me just a moment, this thread hasn't got any videos YET i know. Ok, now that you are still here and haven't closed this thread yet, just let me explain =)

I love making video tutorials for all sorts of different things and i have been told that i am quite good at explaining things to a range of people. So this is what i am proposing. I will update this thread constantly with new questions and problems that i encounter, or that i see other people encounter. I will then gather all the useful information on how to tackle these problems, find a way of mending it, and then i will post a video tutorial in the first post of this thread so that eventually i will have made a huge bundle of Amnesia (and hpl2) specific video tutorials for people to access quickly and easily.

I hope other members of this forum will do what they can to aid me in this (i guess you could call it a) quest. This will not only help me find my way, but will also come in handy (i am sure) to other members both new and old of this forum.

Kindest regards,

Edd.

Wow, that sounds cool i be waiting for this if someone can make Video Tutorials and Scripting stuff on editor and Notepad++ very interest for this.

Because i am terrible scripter and dont know basics really well yet.

If you can make some videos i am happy! End of story Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
04-25-2011, 12:27 AM
Find
laser50 Offline

Threads: 22

(04-25-2011, 12:27 AM)HumiliatioN Wrote:
(04-24-2011, 02:36 PM)Simpanra Wrote: Ok ok first of all, please give me just a moment, this thread hasn't got any videos YET i know. Ok, now that you are still here and haven't closed this thread yet, just let me explain =)

Kindest regards,

Edd.

Wow, that sounds cool i be waiting for this if someone can make Video Tutorials and Scripting stuff on editor and Notepad++ very interest for this.

Strongly agree with you.
04-25-2011, 12:29 AM
Find
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25

I would like to help in this endeavor! Only problem is, I know how to script Amnesia, but I'm not a master of AngelScript.

04-25-2011, 12:56 AM
Find
Glouki Offline

Threads: 1

(04-25-2011, 12:29 AM)laser50 Wrote:
(04-25-2011, 12:27 AM)HumiliatioN Wrote:

Kindest regards,

Edd.

Strongly agree with you.

Agree too.
04-25-2011, 12:56 AM
Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12

I have the means to make such videos, and I will do what I can to make some easy-to-understand video tutorials. I, too, have been told I am excellent at explaining things, so I think tomorrow I may try to make a simple level building video and a simple scripting video.

04-25-2011, 02:47 AM
Find
Droopy Offline

Threads: 5

(04-25-2011, 02:47 AM)Anxt Wrote: I have the means to make such videos, and I will do what I can to make some easy-to-understand video tutorials. I, too, have been told I am excellent at explaining things, so I think tomorrow I may try to make a simple level building video and a simple scripting video.

If you do so, you will be revered within the community.
or at least by people like me.

Listen to the fear, maybe it's your friend.
04-25-2011, 03:08 AM
Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12

Well, I just don't want to come off as arrogant or anything. I am far from amazing at any of it, at least in my opinion, but I know enough to get by.

04-25-2011, 03:12 AM
Find
Simpanra Offline

wow! this thread has got the kind of attention i was hoping for =) Alright then, i will start making videos of what i know so far, and i will also start asking around on the forums about things i'm not so good at =) Thank you for all the support and attention =) I hope i do you guys proud ^_^

Happy face,
Edd,
04-25-2011, 11:39 AM
Find
Simpanra Offline

RE: Video Tutorials [FIRST VIDEO IS UP]

Alright the first video is up and on the first post in this thread ^_^ hope this helps.
04-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Find