Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model problem: Animation's Skeleton missing
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
Model problem: Animation's Skeleton missing

Hi!
I've made my first model (Woho!). After many issues it exports alright. I've also made its first animation (idle.dae). However when I import that animation to modelview it is just a "ball" / my model made into a ball of mesh.

Now I noticed it has no skeleton! My model without animations has skeleton, while the animation has none.

Why is it so?

Pic:

.jpg   CurveBall.JPG (Size: 84.36 KB / Downloads: 158)

And how do you exit modelview? Big Grin

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2011, 03:56 PM by Acies.)
05-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Find
DonProtz Offline

Threads: 15
RE: Model problem: Animation's Skeleton missing

Hey, easy question first ^^
esc quit modelviewer
that the ball looked like a ball of mesh should be a prob with subdivision, try to disable it and only smooth faces
hmm with you skeleton, dont know your model, i only see in the pic one bone in the mid?!?!?

Hello my friend, stay a while and listen
05-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

Yes, it only exports one bone in the mid! And that bone "drags" the whole mesh into a ball - as the mesh is bound to the skeleton.

I think it has to do with my export settings. Been playing around with them, exporting .daes of different size. One animation worked when opened directly from modelview but when I opened the original model and added the animation it became a ball again.
Lol. I got it to work - and I don't even remember the export settings on the animation Sad Bah. Will have to repeat the whole process on the next model.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2011, 04:33 PM by Acies.)
05-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Find
DonProtz Offline

Threads: 15

hmm okay, one thing dont rely on the modelviewer, i could not open my rigged char with animations in modelviewer. I had to set all the animations as the original in the modeleditor, after that i can open my char in the modelviewer. if all works in modeleditor so it should working in the game.

Hello my friend, stay a while and listen
05-17-2011, 04:36 PM
Find