Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 4.14 Average
Hermoor's monsters
AlexRobillard Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Hermoor's monsters

I am sorry but how do I get these to work in my custom story? I have the folder in entities, then I tried inside of the enemy folder but nothing shows up inside of it.

08-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Actually the sketch is not mine but that's not the point I guess. Well yes, you can cover the face with hair if you want of course. Your sketch has a face though! Tongue

That's how the first old model from Thomas looks like. It is ugly there but judging from your models so far, your work is much better:

[Image: unbirth2011081201594445.th.jpg]

[Image: unbirth2011081202001738.th.jpg]

(08-11-2011, 11:57 PM)AlexRobillard Wrote: I am sorry but how do I get these to work in my custom story? I have the folder in entities, then I tried inside of the enemy folder but nothing shows up inside of it.

These monsters are not finished. They have ugly textures, no animations, they are not rigged, no bones. They are actually useless. Someone else has to take them and add these things. At the moment, two of these models are being "fixed" by other different moders. Hermoor just made the model. The rest is up to us.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2011, 12:09 AM by plutomaniac.)
08-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Find
AlexRobillard Offline

Threads: 5

Oh okay, so would the final usable result be posted here or what?

08-12-2011, 12:42 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(08-12-2011, 12:42 AM)AlexRobillard Wrote: Oh okay, so would the final usable result be posted here or what?

Well the Girl will be fixed and released through a custom story Acies is making, anthropomorphism I think it is called.

The jaguar will be fixed hopefully as some point. There is someone working on it, MrBigz.

If you were talking about the monster that I requested, well that one will better be released together with Envy the Dead full conversion mod that I'm making.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2011, 08:24 AM by plutomaniac.)
08-12-2011, 08:23 AM
Find
Hermoor Offline

Threads: 8

Quote:I am sorry but how do I get these to work in my custom story? I have the folder in entities, then I tried inside of the enemy folder but nothing shows up inside of it.
These are just models with textures, no bones no animation. I don't know how to rig them for this game and I'm not very good at animating. So the people who want the models have to do that themself. When they have animated and rigged them (If it comes to that point), I'll tell them to send the finished thing to me and I'll post it here.
Quote:These monsters are not finished. They have ugly textures
Well, here is a more informed reply, they are missing normal maps and spec maps...normal maps is the difference between an AA game 2011 and an early ps2 game from 2000. The textures they use in early ps2 and late ps1 games aren't necessarly bad. They just lack normal maps and spec maps.

Also it's important to remember I'm painting these textures not using photos like they do in games like Call of duty for example.

Here is a wip shot, he is going to be a tall creepy looking emo. Maybe it would be possible to make a small area of his face visible, like a big white eye. Anyway do you want me to add a penis or some kind of cloth above his penis? Should he have some clothes or something?
[Image: yesoxy.png]
08-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Find
zecuro Offline

Threads: 33
RE: Hermoor's models

(05-23-2011, 04:47 AM)dragonlordsd Wrote: AWESOME!!! Big Grin

does blender is compatible with mac i would definetly ty it
08-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Find
Hermoor Offline

Yes it is, here is a little preview video. Please say what you want changed or what you want me to add. I'll stop working on it until you do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXxBC914Y1M
08-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Hey Hermoor, great work man! No, I think a lot of people are concerned when watching Infected with his penis like thing. So, maybe a small short cloth on top? I think a little part of his face should be there, it will look weird I think if it the other way around. Yes, I saw the youtube video, very nice so far. The stitches are a good idea actually. Also, he could have certain parts of cloths, at his arms, chest or legs for example, torn out. Destroyed clothes I mean, sorry my English are not the best sometimes.
08-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Find
Hermoor Offline

Ok I think I'll go with that he is castrated. Like someone had cut his penis off in the basement and there are just stitches there now. It could be infected as well maybe some yellow and redish colours around the stitches.

Anyway cloth on the arms might be hard to animate. If there is nothing more you want to add or change should I start texturing the guy now?
08-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Yes, I think he is ok. You are free to add whatever small thing you want.
08-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Find