Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Massive Project] Continuation of Amnesia via the Portal Ending
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34
[Massive Project] Continuation of Amnesia via the Portal Ending

I come up with ideas quicker than I can actually put them into physical forms. This is a problem because I'll start something, work diligently on it, and then stop because I realize I didn't even think of how to progress. That being said, I am trying to make something in which the storyline comes first.

The idea:

A simple continuation of the Amnesia story, canonically taking place seconds after the Portal ending. I won't go into detail about that ending for anyone who hasn't actually seen it yet.

Spoilers of the official game as well as this new story ahead

The game would take place in the location described through notes, flashbacks, emotion stones, etc - "alien structures, impossible geometry." Essentially, a completely different planet that spawns unknown creatures such as the infamous "water lurker." Daniel would literally pop out of the portal and the game would start. Story is obviously still being thought up as of now.

I am getting good at pushing the HPL Editor to its outdoor limits, but I would need some models to really convince the player that this world is alien.

Also, I recently came upon a fairly good amount of cash from selling a Flash game, so I would gladly spend it to hire professional voice actors. Obviously, this would only be if the project went very far.

Help Requested

Because this would be such a radical departure from Amnesia's base toolset, I would need quite a few custom models (I can do textures) to make this alien area convincing. If you are a capable modeler, I would EXTREMELY appreciate even a single model to get things going.

Specific models requested

- Lots of different alien-type plants. Think strange, long fungus type things, literally anything your mind comes up with that doesn't look of this world.

- Decaying ruins - I can do most of this with what Amnesia currently has installed, but I would like a few otherworldly ruins.

- Fairly large background pieces - Any type of low poly giant foreign structures, namely composed of 'impossible geometry.' These will be scattered in the distance - unable to get to but just to enhance the scenery.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I said, I can't do this alone. I need the help of skilled modelers to make this idea progress. I will begin the initial outdoor alien area now, but it will not come to fruition if I am without help.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2011, 11:14 PM by DamnNoHtml.)
05-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

RE: [Massive Project] Continuation of Amnesia via the Portal Ending

Here is a first screenshot to prove this is not just a stupid wish but an entirely possible story.

[Image: amnesia2011053017554523.jpg]

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
05-30-2011, 10:52 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

Holy Sh*t. This looks beautiful.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
05-30-2011, 11:03 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

Looks very unique and puts a whole new take on custom stories! This is what we need! Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2011, 11:06 PM by Kyle.)
05-30-2011, 11:06 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

I just don't think it will be scary. That looks the kind of place for a FPS. But we'll see. Good luck btw.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
05-31-2011, 12:00 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Sometimes I wish I'd be a good modeler instead of a programmer...

05-31-2011, 12:06 AM
Website Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

You can be both, and being a programmer is harder than being a modeller. If you want to be a good modeller, search in the web for a tutorial pack with about 4 Gb of videos and you're done. IT's not very boring nor anything.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
05-31-2011, 12:10 AM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

-_- I think being a modeller is harder than being a programmer. Naturally you think the thing you don't know much about is harder than the things you know more about.

(05-31-2011, 12:00 AM)nemesis567 Wrote: I just don't think it will be scary. That looks the kind of place for a FPS. But we'll see. Good luck btw.

Its a completely unknown alien world that servers to further the Amnesia storyline. The fact that anything is possible makes scares easy.

05-31-2011, 12:14 AM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

I'm hesitant to move this to the Showcase because I really want some help from some modelers first! Try to spread this to everyone you know who can model.

First day of production:

05-31-2011, 02:18 AM
Find
Modular100 Offline

Threads: 5

I'd love to help you if you want to, I'm a level builder and I've got budding scripting skills. Message me if you'd like to see what I've done in the Amnesia Level Editor. Otherwise I'd be interested in seeing what you've done and possibly learn a few tricks Wink

05-31-2011, 07:43 AM
Find