Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
The sins we hide [Release]
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: The sins we hide [Release]

Great story! I'm very impressed with your level design, I just have one gripe- please give us a little more oil?
Spoiler below!
Especially in the spiritual realm...

Your atmosphere was spot-on, though, I was very impressed. And the thing you did with the orbs and realms... brilliant! I would have liked more puzzle-solving
Spoiler below!
between the realms, though. It would have been very neat to solve a puzzle in the mortal realm and have it show up in the spiritual realm. As it was, though, everything had to be done in the spiritual realm, there was no reason to be in the mortal realm (except to have some damn light, haha). I did, however, dread going to the spiritual realm because I knew I would be encountering servants in there in the form of demons. Great job!

VERY well done! I look forward to the end!

[Image: signature-2.png]
06-03-2011, 06:22 PM
Find
Kraggdog Offline

Threads: 12

(06-03-2011, 06:22 PM)Streetboat Wrote: Great story! I'm very impressed with your level design, I just have one gripe- please give us a little more oil?
Spoiler below!
Especially in the spiritual realm...

Your atmosphere was spot-on, though, I was very impressed. And the thing you did with the orbs and realms... brilliant! I would have liked more puzzle-solving
Spoiler below!
between the realms, though. It would have been very neat to solve a puzzle in the mortal realm and have it show up in the spiritual realm. As it was, though, everything had to be done in the spiritual realm, there was no reason to be in the mortal realm (except to have some damn light, haha). I did, however, dread going to the spiritual realm because I knew I would be encountering servants in there in the form of demons. Great job!

VERY well done! I look forward to the end!

Spoiler below!

Yeah I had a few puzzle ideas for the orb, but a lot of them involved having to have more than one orb.. which didn't fit well with the story. The sequel however.. Tongue

Plus you hit the nail on the head. The mortal realm represented safety (when at first it was creepy.. it suddenly becomes a safe zone when compared to its darker side) I thought that would be an interesting switch.

I'm still working on development ideas for the sequel before I start. I've also considered maybe asking for some community help for anyone who might be interested. I'm thinking the sequel will involve a variety of different environments so having different map makers will be refreshing. I'll probably go over any maps I receive anyway to make sure it's bug free etc so anyone who helps will not have to worry too much Tongue

06-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Find
Need4Power Offline

Threads: 1

Well,i can't combine the hammer and the chipper Sad
But so far,your custom story is pretty great Smile

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2011, 03:19 PM by Need4Power.)
06-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

(06-04-2011, 03:19 PM)Need4Power Wrote: Well,i can't combine the hammer and the chipper Sad
But so far,your custom story is pretty great Smile

hehe, you not alone!!
06-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

I don't understand... I was able to combine them just fine. I dragged the CHIPPER onto the HAMMER and VOILA!
06-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Website Find
Kraggdog Offline

I have just updated the custom story with a brute encounter balance and some bug fixes. The latest version is on the link of the OP (mediafire is the only one now).

After watching a friend play, he encounted a monster which was only meant to be a contigency... but that encounter was impossible to survive (wasnt tested properley) so I have made it a lot easier now.

06-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

Hey.. i was really having fun in the map. But... you know the bridge with a nonworking sphere? those bridge with circular door frames?

I managed to fall down in the water. and there were no way to get up. Since i didn't save now i have to do one big piece over again...

But till i played, very nice map with a lot of amazing atmosphere!! Big Grin

listen to boards of canada
06-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Website Find
Kraggdog Offline

(06-05-2011, 08:49 PM)Hardarm Wrote: Hey.. i was really having fun in the map. But... you know the bridge with a nonworking sphere? those bridge with circular door frames?

I managed to fall down in the water. and there were no way to get up. Since i didn't save now i have to do one big piece over again...

But till i played, very nice map with a lot of amazing atmosphere!! Big Grin

Hmm, sorry about that. I had some blackboxes in place to stop players from falling in at the obvious places.. but I guess people will find ways of going where they shouldn't Tongue.

If I release another patch, I will update that map to stop it from happening Smile

06-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Find
cook Offline

Threads: 6

The frequency and proximity of the enemies in the spiritual realm really had me on edge, they were spawning right next to me and I got hit, lots. Levels are very large and detailed, having lots of fun so far.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2011, 02:57 PM by cook.)
06-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Find
Kraggdog Offline

(06-06-2011, 02:57 PM)cook Wrote: The frequency and proximity of the enemies in the spiritual realm really had me on edge, they were spawning right next to me and I got hit, lots. Levels are very large and detailed, having lots of fun so far.

I hope you don't mean that they were popping up in your face or anything. The latest version on mediafire does make one adjustment to a spawn point for a monster. But they shouldn't be right next to you unless you keep running towards them after they have spawned.

Spoiler below!
I intended the spirit realm to be fairly chaotic and edgey. The player could always retreat to the mortal realm for safety so I felt that having a serious danger in the spirit realm made the mortal realm safety sensible Tongue

There is also an encounter where the player has to literally run for their life and return to the mortal realm to escape.

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2011, 03:02 PM by Kraggdog.)
06-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Find