Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 34 Vote(s) - 3.44 Average
Amnesia: Through the Portal (2.0 Expansion Released)
Ghostflame Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: Through the Portal (Released)

Best ending... period.
06-12-2011, 06:02 AM
Find
Tenno Offline

Well I just downloaded and finished the fixed version of your story and the areas after the master orb chamber were beautiful and it even had a few intense events thrown in there which I loved. Everything was designed gorgeously and I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

[Image: 29069he.gif]
06-12-2011, 06:08 AM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Yay, can't wait to see how realm 4 looks. Downloading and playing it again.
06-12-2011, 07:25 AM
Website Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

So.. there isn't a fix for my issue as what i can see. Dodgy Sad

listen to boards of canada
06-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Website Find
Ghostflame Offline

Oh also, I could crouch under the Realm Four portal before I activated it, and I got stuck there.
06-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Find
Puriel Offline

Well that was... short, I guess. Don't get me wrong everything was beautifully done and very visually pleasing but I think I beat it in like.. 30 min Sad . And the ending was a little random.
Spoiler below!
Being attacked by hundreds of grunts, I have to admit that was quite a twist
06-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Find
RikeuAmeva Offline

Woo! Been looking forward to this one, a lovely surprise after waking up this morning, gonna try it now =]

Edit: Opinion/review in spoiler tags:

Spoiler below!
First off please don't take this as being mean, I'm just giving my honest criticism.

I must say I'm rather disappointed, you gave this so much hype, but put out a 30 minute game. It was very beautiful, the music was great, and the "otherworldlyness" was definitely prominent but... there was just so much more you could do with everything. What of Alexander and Justine? There was no story there or any hint of why they were together other than her picture hung around the areas and some obsessive text/notes from Alexander. It was a great idea and creative, but it just didn't work out and it seems you just wanted to link the original storyline and the Justine expansion for no other reason than for it to be a point of interest.

The notes were interesting but served little to no purpose in my opinion other than giving very basic info about the Gatherers, Kaernk, and Weyer and all in all it seems as though they were strewn about to give some hint of a story...

What was with the red fog that rushed at you, demanding you put the orb back? Everything after the Master Chamber in the Spire of Lights felt rushed, as if you just wanted to stuff a few chase scenes and scares, and then slap on an ending with a twist and blame it on not being related to the actual game.

I understand you couldn't get any modelers for free, but it wouldn't have been too "bad" to have our good old pals Grunt, Brute, and the Suitors (would have made a lot of sense because of the whole Justine thing) make an appearance, after all if this was Alexander's world, he was bound to keep a few around. But at the same time I understand your not wanting to reuse old and known monsters.

Your other story Insomnia was really well done and creative, and Wake was looking promising, but I don't know why you scrapped it for this...
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011, 02:15 PM by RikeuAmeva.)
06-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

(06-11-2011, 11:55 PM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: it just loads a different configuration file.

This must have caused it then as the said config file loads default settings. Seriously - did noone else have to reset their graphics etc.? And enter their serial again?

(06-11-2011, 11:55 PM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: I have absolutely no idea how you did that.

By copying everything to \redist\ like the installation instructions told me and running the batch. Wink
06-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Find
planetbomb Offline

Threads: 1

Just started playing this to the great underground until I died.

Just great so far Big Grin
06-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Find
ZortaEnzane Offline

Threads: 2

(06-12-2011, 02:10 PM)bobbo Wrote: This must have caused it then as the said config file loads default settings. Seriously - did noone else have to reset their graphics etc.? And enter their serial again?

Actually, I experienced that too.
Also, I just downloaded this thing for the first time and I found myself stuck right at the beginning. Seriously... I mean, the exact spot I start on and I can't move. I'm only able to jump, but I can't even jump forward or back or anything. WTH

nvm was just my key config was all reset and the possibility of that didn't register in my feeble little mind, even though I had to reset my graphics *facepalm*

I am a voice actress, here is my portfolio so far: http://soundcloud.com/zorta-enzane
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011, 03:52 PM by ZortaEnzane.)
06-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Find