Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solved] Strange texture problem :S
nkmol Offline

Threads: 19
Sad  [Solved] Strange texture problem :S

i've got a really strange problem that never happend before :S
when i attach my texture to my model, everything looks good. but when i want to render it, it is al purple :S

[Image: parkbench.png]

also i noticed the model create automatically a .mat file, but already got my own.
this is really odd, i've never had this problem before...
btw when i want to delete the extra .mat file and render it, i see nothing. when i wait some min and render again its pruple again and the extra .mat file is back Tongue
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2011, 03:26 PM by nkmol.)
06-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: Strange texture problem :S

That pink box with the weird stuff in the corner sometimes appears on my .mat files when I create them in the Material Editor. Try opening your model in the modelviewer or in-game. Any difference?

06-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Find
nkmol Offline

in modelviewer it's just perfect, in the game it's pink also Sad
06-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Very strange....What do you use to create your models?

Try this:

Make sure your model's .dae file, .mat file, and all .dds files used in the material are in the same folder. Open up the .dae file in your text editor, and find the paths for the texture files. Delete everything except the actual name of the texture, like so:

C:/Blahblah file/so and so file/your_models_texture.dds >>> your_models_texture.dds

This is just a shot in the dark, but it's what I do for each of my .dae files and they work just fine in-game. Good luck.

06-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Find
nkmol Offline

this didnt work Sad i notice when i import the .DAE file in the model editor there is no texture, untill i add it. so something must be wrong whith the path, yea.
but everything seems to be good :S the pad in 3DS max is good, no error or something.
ok i solved it Smile
it was about the textures name Tongue i thought about, when you put a address in a webbrowser and it has space in the name. the web browser also adds '%20' instead of the space. So i removed the space in the texture name and voila it worked Big Grin

[Image: parkbench.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2011, 03:22 PM by nkmol.)
06-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

RE: [Solved] Strange texture problem :S

Sweet! Very nice model I like it

06-04-2011, 12:45 AM
Find