Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Metal thread \m/
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: So... who listens to death/black/trash/viking/etc. metal

Not always true but yeah... Is often the case.

The sounds this band can make are bloody incredible :}

Now something lighter from them

[Image: luv.gif]
01-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

(01-11-2012, 06:47 PM)Lucke Wrote: Not always true but yeah... Is often the case.

The sounds this band can make are bloody incredible :}
Spoiler below!

The sound that band can make is what any commercial screamo/metalcore band can make. I actually listened to that song as long as I could (just can't go beyond the breakdown).

Oranssi Pazuzu - Korppi
>Psychedelic Black Metal (interesting stuff)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmZ8GkprvEk

01-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Find
kailip Offline

Threads: 4

(01-11-2012, 06:06 PM)Khyrpa Wrote: When someone says the words: "I like almost every style of music".
They most likely don't listen to much music at all, but just listen to what is heard from radio, friends etc.

Just saying...
Nope, I don't, I listen to a lot of styles, from electronica(except dubstep) to rock, metal, grunge, reggae...

Let's say the only style of music I really don't like is Pop music.

I like to hear good music, doesn't matter what style it is.

@Lucke
Yes, I would like to share some musics, but I gotta search a little bit, I have to remember some of them, because my HD just died and I had to buy a new one :|
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2012, 08:06 PM by kailip.)
01-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Now that is your problem, you don't like the sound they can make in general so therefore you can't actually know the difference. BMTH have a lot of haters for being too light, but I actually prefer them when you can actually hear how great Oli's screams are.

Oranssi Pazuzu - Korppi sounds like a bad version of Rammstein in all honesty.

01-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Find
vaxoxen Offline

Threads: 0

Between the Buried and Me!! And Gojira!

These are two for the more prog orientated metalheads Big Grin
01-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Isn't Gojira Japanese or some other asian spoken language that translates to Godzilla or something like that? I vividly remember the asian guy say Gojira in that film Tongue

01-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Find
vaxoxen Offline

Yup, it's Japanese for Godzilla Smile

They're really good, I recommend The Way of All Flesh and From Mars to Sirius
01-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Find
Carrna Offline

Is it just me or does the end of Finntroll's song Gryning remind you a bit of Grunt's attack music? Tongue About 2:40 forward. I was listening to that and thought "Omg, metal grunt!" \m/

~
01-13-2012, 10:45 AM
Website Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

(01-12-2012, 07:33 PM)Lucke Wrote: Now that is your problem, you don't like the sound they can make in general so therefore you can't actually know the difference. BMTH have a lot of haters for being too light, but I actually prefer them when you can actually hear how great Oli's screams are.

Oranssi Pazuzu - Korppi sounds like a bad version of Rammstein in all honesty.
Let's just say I don't like to listen to genres like metalcore (or most metal in general I guess) because the genre repeats itself too much for my taste. When you grow up having a music library with only a few metal bands (children of bodom and Soilwork for example) that stuff just starts sounding like boring crap.

Sometimes your taste develops with a peaceful relationship to your previous stuff, but sometimes you just think "why the hell did I listen to this crap".

Now I actually listened to the other song you posted, it is significantly better than the first one, sounds more melodeath than metalcore (with a slight slight hint of post-rockish sound?). But god damn do I hate that emo scream voice.

But how in the fucking way can you compare Oranssi pazuzu to Rammstein?? Shit makes absolutely no sense!
Quote:Between the Buried and Me!! And Gojira!

These are two for the more prog orientated metalheads Big Grin
I wouldn't put Between the Buried and Me to the prog category, but Gojira definitely has some prog in it.
Even though I've listened tons of progressive metal, Gojira has never been one that I'd listen much. Perhaps it was too death metal for me...

I could list some progressive metal bands now that its mentioned, just don't expect anything br000tal:

Ghost Brigade - Clawmaster
>Progressive melodeath, dark
Song from the rather new album I havent listened to much, their first album is extremely moody and enjoyable, really recommend to give that album a try

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDUcaG4u7-g

Riverside - 02 Panic Room
>Progressive rock/metal
sorry for 240p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zab0_3ampxA

The Devin Townsend Project - Sumeria (album review link here)
>extremely complex, heavy and layered metal with a choir, orchestra and lots of guest artist
devin fanboys like me might love it, others probably hate it a lot, he has more accessible stuff too though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiLcAD4XzdA

Ayreon - Day Three: Pain
>Progressive metal, rock opera, tons of guest singers
the album Human Equation was my introduction to progressive music, its quite funny that devin townsend is featured in this particular song.
Concept album so I recommend listening to the whole thing instead of single songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plkne8iNYx0

I think its best I stop here, unearthlybrutal disapproves this soft music, right?
This thread makes me enjoy music for hours, its weird. Hope this post doesn't go to waste.

01-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Find
vaxoxen Offline

Quote:I wouldn't put Between the Buried and Me to the prog category, but Gojira definitely has some prog in it

Eh, I'd have to disagree with you and say it's the other way around. Gojira isn't overly progressive, they often lean more to tech death, but they still have enough proggy elements to justify being classed as "prog". But I'd say BTBAM is very progressive. All their releases since Colors have focused far more on prog than the metalcore they did previously. I'm not a fan of their metalcore roots, so I tend to only listen to their new stuff. But yeah, they are definitely now a very progressive band, you can tell that their newer releases are very Dream Theater inspired. If you've only heard their early stuff I'd say give them another go with Colors/TGM/TP:HD Smile

I could never get into any Devin Townsend stuff, which is annoying, cos he's a really cool guy Sad I've heard Sumaria before (gave it a listen cos it's got Joe Duplantier and, if I remember correctly, Paul Masvidal?). It's alright. Is there anything you'd say that is more accessible? I mean, I don't mean "non-proggy", I just mean a song/album that on a whole the fans agree is his best?

Riverside are good, and I've always wanted to try out Ayreon
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2012, 08:10 PM by vaxoxen.)
01-13-2012, 08:00 PM
Find