Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 62 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average
Amnesia: Dark Room
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: Amnesia: Dark Room

I enjoyed every single moment of this!

So many unpredicted events... I Heart Dis!

And by chance, is there a "Dark Room 2"?

Moderator edit: Please don't double post, and keep youtube advertisement to the youtube thread, thanks.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2012, 12:19 PM by Traggey.)
08-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Website Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(08-12-2012, 09:57 AM)Nemet Robert Wrote: I enjoyed every single moment of this!

Moderator edit: Please don't double post, and keep youtube advertisement to the youtube thread, thanks.
Yes... DR2 its under Dev right now...
08-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(08-12-2012, 03:27 PM)Danny Boy Wrote:
(08-12-2012, 09:57 AM)Nemet Robert Wrote: I enjoyed every single moment of this!

Yes... DR2 its under Dev right now...
Glad to hear it. I'll TOTALLY play it once it will be released (when).

Have you seen my LP of this? If you'd like to see it, there's a link on the Moddb page for this CS, in the comments section. I posted a link here, but "YouTube advertisement" isn't appreciated here. My apologies on that.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
08-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Website Find
jayjangle Offline

Threads: 0

Hey there. Read the readme and I tried to install the custom game how I understood how to do it based on the file, but everything I tried has failed to make it show up in my custom games list in-game. I may be unclear on what you mean by "corresponding folders".

First I dragged the redist file into a folder I made titled "Dark Room" in my custom_game directory, nothing. Then I tried opening the redist folder, and attempted dragging each "darkroom" folder in the texture, sounds, etc. directories into a new Dark Room folder, nothing (I had to re-name each one because my comp wouldn't let me put multiple folders of the same name in one place). Finally, I tried moving the redist folder alone into the custom games directory without making a Dark Room folder and it didn't work.

So far every other custom game but one has shown up in game doing the normal installing procedure (dragging into custom_stories), except for one other. I really want to try this because it sounds hilarious. Thank you.
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2012, 02:40 AM by jayjangle.)
08-24-2012, 02:38 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(08-24-2012, 02:38 AM)jayjangle Wrote: Hey there. Read the readme and I tried to install the custom game how I understood how to do it based on the file, but everything I tried has failed to make it show up in my custom games list in-game. I may be unclear on what you mean by "corresponding folders".

First I dragged the redist file into a folder I made titled "Dark Room" in my custom_game directory, nothing. Then I tried opening the redist folder, and attempted dragging each "darkroom" folder in the texture, sounds, etc. directories into a new Dark Room folder, nothing (I had to re-name each one because my comp wouldn't let me put multiple folders of the same name in one place). Finally, I tried moving the redist folder alone into the custom games directory without making a Dark Room folder and it didn't work.

So far every other custom game but one has shown up in game doing the normal installing procedure (dragging into custom_stories), except for one other. I really want to try this because it sounds hilarious. Thank you.
The package contains a "redist" folder. Inside that "redist" folder, there are folders like "textures", "billboards", "sounds", etc. Take the folders from the package, and extract them to your Amnesia installation directory (basically, where "Amnesia.exe" is located in). It will ask you to merge folders (those "textures", "billboards", etc folders), and do so.

This is as best as I can describe it.

08-24-2012, 07:45 AM
Website Find
Moya:3 Offline

Rainbow  RE: Amnesia: Dark Room

(04-09-2012, 03:42 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: crapy :/ dev is still slow... and as an apology for all of you guys we are going to release a demo (hopefully today) so that you have piece of the cake before the big release Smile
where can i get the zip file?:3
09-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Find
Gaviao Offline

Threads: 3

I LOOOOVED THIS CUSTOM STORY!!! I GAVE 10/10 IN MODDB AND 5 STARS HERE!!!! THANKS FOR THE CS BRO!

Projects i'm working on
The Dream:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dream
Amnesia:Fear in Hands
http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-fear-in-hands
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2012, 08:42 PM by Gaviao.)
09-15-2012, 08:42 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

^

Definitely.

09-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Website Find
Yakir Offline
Banned

How many time do you need to make a simple custom story?!
Come on!!We are waiting! Huh
10-21-2012, 04:53 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(10-21-2012, 04:53 PM)Yakir Wrote: How many time do you need to make a simple custom story?!
Come on!!We are waiting! Huh
If you're asking this question then it's very likely the time needed is multiple times the amount of time someone with your mindset "thinks" it takes.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
10-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Find