Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Work in progress Teamnesia: A community-wide effort
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: Teamnesia: A community-wide effort

Any new music or sounds to accomplice it?
08-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

@Apjjm I'm not entirely sure people will use any other global functions, if any at all. The only global vars around will probably be by Phoroneus or myself as a way to track which maps are completed in order to implement some kind of tier mechanic which unlocks extra maps, etc.

But that's a very nifty idea Tongue

@Acies that new monster sounds really exciting, can't wait to see it Smile

@Rapture not that I know of, but there's no restrictions on it, so if anyone wants to make their own sounds and music I encourage it Tongue

08-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

I'm about as anticipated for this as the first time my first girlfriend showed me her boobs.

Keep up the great work gentlemen!

08-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

Just tried it in game. It's alive!

Have to figure out why it is moving backwards though, better ask MrBigzy. Smile

Solved it on my own. Now its a matter of fine-tunement - adding sounds and adjusting hearing distance etc. But it works! No grunts on my map Wink

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2011, 11:07 PM by Acies.)
08-25-2011, 07:32 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

(08-25-2011, 07:12 PM)Cryaotic Wrote: I'm about as anticipated for this as the first time my first girlfriend showed me her boobs.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

08-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18

(08-25-2011, 07:11 PM)palistov Wrote: @Apjjm I'm not entirely sure people will use any other global functions, if any at all. The only global vars around will probably be by Phoroneus or myself as a way to track which maps are completed in order to implement some kind of tier mechanic which unlocks extra maps, etc.

Ah well - it's implemented now anyway. Now you can just put the program into the root folder of the custom story (with all the other maps and stuff in sub-folders), configure a few settings and set it off - it should correctly merge any files named "global.hps" and "inventory.hps" by first reading the data in the OnGameStart function, and storing it. Then scanning for any collisions with function names (renaming with a unique number appended on the end of the function if a collision is found & replacing any references to this function), and piecing it together. It will also use the folding regions as defined in the updated notepad++ files along with comments to seperate out the functions from different hps files.
The .lang files are then loaded in and appended as before. If there is an error writing any of the files back out (e.g lack of permissions), the information is written to the output text box instead of a file. Plenty of fun with regular expressions Big Grin.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2011, 09:18 PM by Apjjm.)
08-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Find
Phoroneus Offline

Threads: 12

The hub is more or less complete (some decoration still to do) but I won't be able to send it to you until probably the weekend, palistov, since my computer is out of commission (no power, moving across the state) until then. I'll put it up on mediafire as soon as I can, though, and get started on my own contribution to the project once I'm sure Harvest: Prologue will be on schedule.

[Image: at_9365860.png]

Follow Harvest.
08-30-2011, 03:00 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(08-25-2011, 07:12 PM)Cryaotic Wrote: I'm about as anticipated for this as the first time my first girlfriend showed me her boobs.

Wow. You're pretty damn excited man Tongue. Also as long as you give me a few weeks i'll get something ready for this, I just want to finish my own custom story first Smile

Posting Freak
08-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Website Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18

Nearly finished my map now, probably will be done by the end of the week, not going to release much more info until then as I want the newest additions & sections to be a surprise. I have a few ideas for the bonus section / survival mode for anyone who can complete the map deathless, but will have to see how they play out. I also have a few ideas for plat-forming elements which I sadly won't be able to use because the map is approaching it's target length already.

Also, will using a global int var called "ApjjmPFPDeathless" - not like that is likely to conflict with anything Tongue.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2011, 12:03 AM by Apjjm.)
08-31-2011, 12:01 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Platforming preview of Amnesia's Creed:

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
08-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Website Find