Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error Message, doesn't specify what problem is
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Error Message, doesn't specify what problem is

First off, to fix your .lang.

If there is ONE LITTLE ERROR in the .lang, the whole .lang will fail. The game wont tell you what's wrong, it will simply ignore it. Figure out what was the last thing you typed before the .lang failed and make sure there are no errors.

As for the lantern thing, You can simply put:

void IfHasLantern(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
if(HasItem("lantern") == true)
{
SetEntityActive("AreaLookGrunt", true);
}
if(HasItem("lantern") == false)
{

}
}

Also, you don't have to separate Categories like you did if they're all the same. This is just going to make it unorganized and hard to find errors. >> You only need one category for each group of entries following that category.
I went ahead and cleaned everything up for you. Also, I believe your issue was a missing "</CATEGORY>" for the custom story description. I added it, so let me know how it works. Just copy and replace everything in the original .lang. (maybe make a back-up if you're uncomfortable)

I left the .lang in a zip in the attachment below. It will have tabs and be more organized than pasting it here.
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2011, 04:38 PM by Statyk.)
12-31-2011, 04:23 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Error Message, doesn't specify what problem is - by Statyk - 12-31-2011, 04:23 PM