The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help Static, non-colliding and de-activeable entity?
Shadowfied Offline

Threads: 34
Static, non-colliding and de-activeable entity?

I've ran into a problem in my custom story. I have a place where there's a note on a door, held up by a stick, like in the screenshot below.

(Click on it for full size)
[Image: ZHpisl.jpg]

First, I found a perfect static object which did the job perfectly as it's static and there's a checkbox called "Collides" meaning that it can be in the door without screwing it up and moving it out of place, but SetEntityActive doesn't work for static objects, as they have no "Active" checkbox.

The door is locked and when the player tries to open it, a message appears saying "I should read the note first" so when the note is picked up I want the beam / stick to disappear.

I found an identical entity which could work as well, but the problem is that entities do not have the "Collides" checkbox.

Anyone know how I can solve this? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Solved it by copying the entity and removed all collision options. While this works, it would be nice to be able to do this without having to edit an entity.

Current - Castle Darkuan
Other - F*cked Map
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2012, 11:57 AM by Shadowfied.)
02-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Static, non-colliding and de-activeable entity? - by Shadowfied - 02-09-2012, 11:49 AM