Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: "Who" did you feel like
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I was myself in the game from start to finish
49.63%
67 49.63%
I started out acting as myself and then slowing acted more as Daniel as I learned about him.
38.52%
52 38.52%
I acted as Daniel from start to finish.
11.85%
16 11.85%
Total 135 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia
Carrna Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia

I felt like I was Daniel and I was in the castle myself. Since I didn't know anything about him when the game started it was nice to think I have amnesia and have no clue what has happened or what I've done. =P Though I noticed when I played Penumbra and Philip's background story was told at the beginning, I didn't notice it being any different than in Amnesia.

I guess it's mostly because of the first person view where you can't see them at all. If I can see the character I'm controlling I also think like "The character does this, the character does that", not like "I do."

I acted pretty much like myself, as usual. Even in some RPGs where you can choose from multiple options what to do I tend to choose the one what I would do if I were really there. Except if you need to kill or torture someone to get forward in the game then I'll of course do that although I wouldn't really want to. :[ Then I feel bad for some time.

My "relationship" with Daniel stayed pretty much the same throughout the game. Only when I found out he'd been torturing and killing people I "differed" from him for a moment and thought no more like "I did that" but "Daniel did that, what a c**t." But when I learned Alexander had been fooling and using him I kind of forgave Daniel and started thinking like "I will go and beat the crap out of him" again.

~
03-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia - by Carrna - 03-06-2012, 10:56 AM