Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Update on my first official story, but need feedback and help
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
RE: Update on my first official story, but need feedback and help

(04-11-2012, 07:00 PM)Putmalk Wrote:
(04-11-2012, 06:19 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: Sorry for being a away for a while, but things have been busy in my life. My old ideas (http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-12704.html) is no longer being done for a couple of reasons. First, I do not have the ability to make brand new monster models. Second, I thought up a better, scary story.

2: Now I do plan on having/using Amnesia stuff as well, but I do have a question. Amnesia has body parts of the Grunt monster. My question can best be described in the following scene:

"You hide behind a barrel because a Grunt is not too far in front of you. Not seeing you, it moves off down the hall to the left. Not long after it disappears a terrifying monster roars, followed soon by a crunch and Grunt Body parts are flung down and land in the hall to your right."

Now how can one do the above situation?
1. Spawn the grunt
2. The grunt's path nodes are set to eventually walk into the hall to the left
3. Add a timer or an entity collide (grunt -> area).
4. After this condition is met (time expires or grunt touches area), you do a small screen shake, you hear the grunt's noise (these are in the sound files).
5. Activate the body parts and add a force to fling them toward the hall to your right.
6. You may want to do some checks to make sure the player doesn't witness this happening, since it won't look good if he can see it happening (what I mean is, you don't want to play to see the grunt hit the area, for random body parts to appear, and fly toward him, you want him to see this when they're offscreen).
Thank you for explaining how to do that part! I will have to try that in test level(s) to get the hang of it. Thanks again pal! I will get to testing this when I have the free time, but I will let you know when I have successfully followed your easy 6 step instructions Smile

04-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Update on my first official story, but need feedback and help - by The Rock Worm - 04-11-2012, 07:05 PM