Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Requesting people for help!
Nuclearbones Offline

Threads: 19
RE: Requesting people for help!

(05-27-2012, 06:33 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote:
(05-27-2012, 11:59 AM)Nuclearbones Wrote: Here are some requirements, you must have:
-Basic and creative knowledge of HPL2 (i.e. you can script a rag doll (naked corpses for example) to walk and make it look natural)
Our worst fears have been realized; Walking naked guys.

In all seriousness though OP, no one will take this seriously; you're asking for quite a bit. Based on your post you make it sound as though you have a few ideas but won't do much of the work. You're also asking for very advanced knowledge of HPL2. Making the naked corpse walk natural/smooth is something I'm sure very very few modelers in this forum could do (perhaps Acies if anyone). Also, you mentioned the mapping needs to be "dream like"; the idea of mods based around dreams is almost unoriginal due to the large amount of them appearing now.

I know everything seems overwhelming, but you will do the best if you learn everything by yourself. Chances are you don't need fancy new animated models/particles, you just need to be creative and work with the defaults of the HPL2 engine (which is a very large amount of resources).

Tl;dr sounds like you want everyone to do the work for you.
Actually walking naked guys aren't that bad~~~ <3
Lol jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk

That isn't my plan , no, not at all what you think. I'm only asking for like a quarter to a half of it being done. I was also composing my own music, and writing a vocal script (for voice actors), concept art, I've also been mapping the entire thing by myself and I barely progress. I wanted to work on this entirely by myself at first, but there are just times where I'm not going to be there to progress and there are times where I need people to help. There will be times where I might need to determine when a "if" should be used in a certain place of the script then I could just have a scripting guy just give me a straight up answer whether it involves him/her explaining to me where I made my mistakes or not. Or when there's a mechanical problem with I don't know... Say... floating platforms, I would consult to him/her. Or maybe I want something modeled and I can't use Blender or whatever it is that people use to model. Or maybe I need a full blown modification to the custom story, I can get all the people I need to help! I don't need professionals to do the work for me. I just need assistants who have creative and opinionated imaginations to do the work when I want help or when I'm not there.

tl;dr- Don't EVER accuse me of being lazy.
05-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Requesting people for help! - by Nuclearbones - 05-27-2012, 11:59 AM
RE: Requesting people for help! - by Traggey - 05-27-2012, 12:22 PM
RE: Requesting people for help! - by Nuclearbones - 05-27-2012, 06:18 PM
RE: Requesting people for help! - by Adny - 05-27-2012, 06:33 PM
RE: Requesting people for help! - by Nuclearbones - 05-27-2012, 07:28 PM
RE: Requesting people for help! - by Adrianis - 05-28-2012, 02:34 PM
RE: Requesting people for help! - by jezdamayel - 05-28-2012, 01:09 AM