The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brute appearing upon opening cabinet
ApeCake Offline

Threads: 20
Brute appearing upon opening cabinet

...I have another question. It looked simple at first, so I quickly wrote the script, this is what I have right now;

void monsterclosetscare(string &in door)
{
AddPropForce("closetscare", 1440, 1440, 1440, "world");
SetEntityActive("monster_servant_1337", true);
GiveSanityDamage(10, true);
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "react_scare", "closetscare", 0, false);
ShowEnemyPlayerPosition("monster_servant_1337");
AddTimer("monsterpoof", 1.5, "monsteraway");
}

void monsteraway(string &in asTimer)
{
string r = asTimer;
if (r == "monsterpoof")
{
FadeEnemyToSmoke("monster_servant_1337", true);
}
}

So, as you can see (hopefully the picture is clear), the monster is set inactive, is in the closet and has the name monster_servant_1337. The cabinet is called closetscare and has monsterclosetscare at PlayerInteractCallback. However, when I touch the cabinet the monster just appears and then fades to smoke instantly, and I can do it as much as I want (spam-clicking the door of the cabinet). However, I reloaded my map and it worked. Then on my second reload it gets bugged again.

[Image: PxrgN.jpg]
And no, I don't want to change the monster to a hallucination, because it will start out very close to the player and thus fade away instantly, I want it to be alive for about two seconds, so that the player actually has to run away. AND I have PlayerInteractCallbackAutoRemove checked on the cabinet.
Any help would be appreciated. I myself think it has something to do with void monsterclosetscare(string &in door), because I don't know what to put between the brackets.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2012, 06:37 PM by ApeCake.)
06-30-2012, 12:38 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Brute appearing upon opening cabinet - by ApeCake - 06-30-2012, 12:38 PM