Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Work in progress First "Real" Custom Story, Need some testers! [Update 0.3]
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: First "Real" Custom Story, Need some testers! [Update 0.3]

This custom story is disappointing, and the only wise decission is to scrap it.
I got a whole paper filled with notes about problems with the story and it would really take too long to write it all down so let me summarize
1.the flashback intro is nice and the room you start in is well detailed, this is the only good things to say about this custom story sorry.
2. the story makes no sence. the story is just as important as scares if not more important. is there even a story????
3. Monster encounter is insanely early even for a Custom story
4. When you design level, do so with the thought in mind that the places should make as much sence as actual places does. now why is there suddenly a tight little room with a well in the middle of the house? at least try to make a proper transition. and why is the place down stairs flooded? with a monster in it?, really why is there even rooms at the bottom of the well and not a sewer.
5. give the player a clear goal other then proceeding at the beginning, fx in the start of original amnesia you find a note from yourself telling you to find the inner sanctum, and kill alexander.
6. this could all fit inside a single level. dont make it so tight.
really theres a lot more i could write but i think you understand why its meaningless to continue that story anymore now.

also here a link to a video that might help you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7SoKwVbtdY
08-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: First "Real" Custom Story, Need some testers! [Update 0.3] - by WALP - 08-05-2012, 06:35 PM