Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: what do you think?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Neat
18.75%
3 18.75%
Idk
31.25%
5 31.25%
Oh no
50.00%
8 50.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Black ops 2 Some kind of Future war game.
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Black ops 2 Some kind of Future war game.

Personally, i dont really care for setting, if the storyline and plot are great, it can be set when it wants to be set, i dont care if its the Trenches of World War One, or the Starship Enterprise (USS Enterprise NCC1701-E to be exact...), if the story and plot are good and the gameplay is awesome, then the developers can set a game where it wants. to be hounest, i rather like future settings as it often allows the developers to use some imagination, make up there own guns, not just use the usual generic Schmeisser Machinen Pistole Modelle 1940 mk1's or Izhmasch JSC Avtomat Kalashinkova Model 1947 Automatic Rifles (depends on the era).

however, if the story is a bad one, and it ALWAYS is with Call of Duty, (just an excuse to kill loads of foreign soldiers for daring to "step up" against the USA "Dawg") and the gameplay is bad, then its a bad game, period, no matter what time period the game may be set. i dont even need to play them to see how bad the plot and storyline are, a quick youtube of the cutscenes shows they are chronically underwritten and offensively outdated and sterotyped.

a good game is made by good story and plot, unique art direction, and most importatly, good gameplay, time period doesnt factor.

i will agree with one thing though, all the electronic gizmos and doo-dads of todays battlefeilds do make an already dumbed down game even easier, to the point its not even worth playing. come, on, Health Regen, Cover, Controll Hints, 2 gun limit? they couldnt make it any more pathetic if they tried! why the magazines give it such good reviews i dont know, id be loath to give it more than a ZERO.
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2012, 09:27 PM by the dark side.)
08-29-2012, 07:16 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Black ops 2 Some kind of Future war game. - by the dark side - 08-29-2012, 07:16 PM