Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: what controlls do you prefer for first person movement?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Arrows
4.55%
1 4.55%
WSAD
95.45%
21 95.45%
Custom
0%
0 0%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

First Person controll, WSAD or Arrow Keys?
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: First Person controll, WSAD or Arrow Keys?

It's terribly impractical to use arrow keys unless you operate the mouse with your left hand. Using WASD is superior in the sense that every (common) hotkey is within a reasonable distance and is much more accessible than keys adjacent (if you could even consider them adjacent) to the arrow keys

As a matter of fact, almost all computer games are based around WASD movement. There are a few zany games such as Happy Wheels that (I think) use arrow keys instead.

I keep my left hand hand like:
Spoiler below!

Pinky - Shift
Ring - A
Middle - W
Index - D
Thumb - Spacebar

It's a very natural way to rest your hand on the keys.

World of Warcraft was the first real PC game I played, so that probably had a significant impact on how I moved (keybinders ftw!).

It ultimately breaks down to muscle memory; if you're capable of hitting the adjacent keys while moving using arrows simultaneously, more power to you.

I rate it 3 memes.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2012, 09:52 PM by Adny.)
10-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Person controll, WSAD or Arrow Keys? - by Adny - 10-08-2012, 09:44 PM