Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: what controlls do you prefer for first person movement?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Arrows
4.55%
1 4.55%
WSAD
95.45%
21 95.45%
Custom
0%
0 0%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

First Person controll, WSAD or Arrow Keys?
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: First Person controll, WSAD or Arrow Keys?

ok. its just i cant do WSAD personally, i just cant get my hand to feel right and i keep plipping the wrong keys, probably an Autism/Dyspraxia issue on my part causing the odd hand feeling and totally screwed co-ordination, thank goodness Most FP games let you rebind you keys, as many do default to WSAD with either hand. if it doesn't let you rebind, then, i have to buy on console. because i simply just cannot co-ordinate for WSAD. its like trying to tie shoelaces blindfolded.

my own layout is. Arrows for movement and straffe, < and > for Lean, numpad7 for Jump, Numpad 4 for action. Numpad 1 for crouch, Return for alt action, and Right Shift for sprint, and mouse to look around. i just find my hand feels right that way and i can perfectly co-ordinate my actions so i dont keep plipping the wrong keys.

PS. i find i can move the mouse much more precisely and faster with my left hand than my right, despite being right handed. so i use my left hand for mouse and right for keys.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2012, 09:51 PM by the dark side.)
10-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Person controll, WSAD or Arrow Keys? - by the dark side - 10-08-2012, 09:46 PM